Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

I was never really convinced we were in for James. Good player, but suspect we weren't in for him.

Marca are reporting Morata is running out of options, partly because Madrid are pricing him out of the market, and is considering staying at Madrid. They reckon we are going for Aubangyang as a better value for money alternative.

I have no idea how true these stories are. But it is true that rumours about Aubangyang to Chelsea have begun to gather pace in recent days. 

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

"I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse"

Who could resist that - From Dennis, or Vinny, or Roman, or Maria for that matter!

My point wasn't necessarily employing ex-players, but having football people. People who know the football/sporting world and have worked in football, but who are also excellent businessmen. Kenyon and Gourlay were two, for example.

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Big loss for who?

He couldn't get on the bench for the CL final. 

You know we need numbers and alternatives. And you know the quality of the Real squad right? Don't pretend that just because he can't get into Reals squad in a CL final containing Ronaldo, Isco, Benzema, Bale, Asensio,Morata, it also means he can't get into our squad. Dont forget too that we don't exactly need flavor of the month players with Conte, just underappreciated players and Conte can make them surprise packages. James current situation fits perfectly and coupled with his ability to play in different forward positions helps ensure that he will provide us options and rotations to the forwards positions.

Edited by Kezza

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

Not sure what you are trying to highlight here - that Ox isn't Lampard? Who is?

Of those 194 apps, how many were recently the 12 minutes he got from the bench?

Very talented footballer IMO, great addition to the squad. Decent passer, good engine, can defend... ticks multiple boxes.

He's no Lampard at all. He's not even had a better goalscoring season than Matic last year. He is beyond the definition of average.

Milner can do all those in bold should we sign him? 

Sky Sports: Chelsea given opportunity to sign Aubangyang for £70 million.

If that's true we should be all over this. 

Sky also reporting that United have no interest in Bakayoko.

Again, not saying these are true  (they may not be), or what I want to happen, (though they are), just reporting back what I've seen. 

1 minute ago, James Prescott said:

Sky Sports: Chelsea given opportunity to sign Aubangyang for £70 million.

If that's true we should be all over this. 

Sky also reporting that United have no interest in Bakayoko.

Again, not saying these are true  (they may not be), or what I want to happen, (though they are), just reporting back what I've seen. 

That's a good one James. In less than a single sentence - I'm not saying it's what I want to happen, but it is.

Wonderful.

26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Big loss for who?

He couldn't get on the bench for the CL final. 

A 2 year loan says a lot. Madrid wanted him gone yet no one would stump up the cash. 

Why Pete? Just why do you feel the need?

5 minutes ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

He's no Lampard at all. He's not even had a better goalscoring season than Matic last year. He is beyond the definition of average.

Milner can do all those in bold should we sign him? 

In my opinion we should be looking at forward options who can score goals. We already have a central midfield that doesn't score goals. Bakayoko wont change that. Kante and Matic is virtually not much of a goal threat. Our forwards have to have the ability. Even Willian needs to step up and score more.

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Then what is the point of the forum?

You made a statement, and I challenged it, and you refuse to answer. I haven't twisted anything

Watch out... he'll accuse you of bullying next! You're not allowed to question him or challenge him on what he's posted.