Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Just now, Martin1905 said:

One part of me agrees with you entirely and as I've previously said I think Morata is the best fit for us.

The other part of me thinks id absolutely love to see Aubameyang playing for us. I just told my kids and they went absolutely mental about it. Would be an exciting signing if not necessarily the best fit.

I just don't see it - for half the price maybe.

He's fast and he scores goals because of it, but IMO he's got pretty poor technique and misses an awful lot of fairly easy chances. Plus, if he can't run off the shoulder, due to his size/weight ratio he's pretty much useless when in a physical confrontation (a scenario much more likely to occur in the Premier League).

Add another 10m and I think we'd have a decent chance at getting Lewandowski.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

I just don't see it - for half the price maybe.

He's fast and he scores goals because of it, but IMO he's got pretty poor technique and misses an awful lot of fairly easy chances. Plus, if he can't run off the shoulder, due to his size/weight ratio he's pretty much useless when in a physical confrontation (a scenario much more likely to occur in the Premier League).

Add another 10m and I think we'd have a decent chance at getting Lewandowski.

When Bayern have come out and said he's not for sale..... Right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dingus said:

When Bayern have come out and said he's not for sale..... Right.

Just my opinion - I think a cash bid of €90m would be very tempting to Bayern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

No, it's a sign that Bayern - as they always have - do their deals on the quiet and are well run. And to be fair our journos don't generally cover German teams. 

Matt Law said we weren't even interested in James. He was right. 

So how do we conduct our business? On the quiet yes? 

As for the bolded bit, how do you know he was right? Fact is, you don't. Much as you haven't got a scooby whether we wanted Lukaku or not. 

But by now, I don't think there's a member in here who doesn't know what you think on the subject. The 100+ posts talking about it probably covered it sufficiently dont you think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

It appears that way for most clubs if you don't obsessively monitor gossip about them - as we all tend to do for Chelsea. I am sure there are Bayern fans getting overwrought on forums as I post - he's great/he's rubbish etc 

This is of course, the salient point here. I am sure none of us are checking Bayern transfer updates every day on various websites, and nor are our papers full of Bayern transfer rumours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

I guess it's just me that thinks Aubameyang is not the right player for us.

there's the inclination to think that way. He looks like a player who has been used to having lots of space to break and run onto. We dont have that luxury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Just my opinion - I think a cash bid of €90m would be very tempting to Bayern.

Flinkers - What are your thoughts on Leon Goretzka ? Looks to be a real good player, the obvious comparisons are drawn to SFL and he looks closest player I have seen to Lamps in terms of style of play.

I believe he has a year left on his contract .Would Schalke accept a big bid and sell now? Or is he already lined up for Bayern ?

Been hoping we would be linked with him in some capacity , but not seen any English clubs linked which is a real surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kezza said:

there's the inclination to think that way. He looks like a player who has been used to having lots of space to break and run onto. We dont have that luxury.

We do play on the counter quite a lot though, which he would be absolutely perfect for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised we haven't gone for him, it seems like we were prepared to spend big on Sandro and he would probably be a fair bit cheaper. 

Screenshot_20170711-160257.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Surprised we haven't gone for him, it seems like we were prepared to spend big on Sandro and he would probably be a fair bit cheaper. 

Screenshot_20170711-160257.jpg

City?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now