Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Lots of reports from Marca and from Brazilian media we've agreed to sign Danilo for £25-30 million. IF we signed him, is he a good option? Not seen too much of him TBH. Heard he was superb for Porto but not been as good at RM?

Edited by James Prescott

Danilo hasn't had the greatest time at Madrid but he is a good player. Very good for Porto.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Barring any injuries I'd be absolutely amazed if we don't start next season with a back 3 of Azpilicueta Luiz and Cahill.

I think the only solid defender out of the 3 mention above is Azpil.

Luiz and Cahill are good players, but not good enough for the tasks ahead, can be our subs, we should bring in more reliable players,  if we really need to achieve something good in the ECL. 

47 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yeah I suppose. But do we really need another three CBs as cover (Zouma, Rudiger, Christensen)? 

Hiya Dave. Not saying I disagree with you or not and definitely not having a pop but I had to look twice to see who posted this. Hasn't your mantra for the last few seasons been that we need good cover for every position and a decent sized squad?

I hope we'll be linked to some attackers soon. So far we're about to see 4 signings to reinforce defence and defensive midfield positions while none in the attacking position except the striker position meant to replace Costa.

2 minutes ago, chelsian2015 said:

Luiz and Cahill are good players, but not good enough for the tasks ahead, can be our subs, we should bring in more reliable players,  if we really need to achieve something good in the ECL. 

Luiz  is world class, unquestionably one of the best defenders in Europe last season. He was colossal, I wouldn't swap him for ANYBODY.

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

I hope we'll be linked to some attackers soon. So far we're about to see 4 signings to reinforce defence and defensive midfield positions while none in the attacking position except the striker position meant to replace Costa.

Yep, I think we need two strikers - first choice and backup - but we also need a quality RW player, even if it's a backup or rotation option. Personally I'd like a top quality right forward/wide player. But I think the defence and the number one striking position have to be priorities.

9 minutes ago, chelsian2015 said:

And yet both have Champions League winners medals!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

Can see Zouma out on loan. Be surprised if we don't see a bid to buy of some sort, with the money around in the PL, I can't believe someone won't test the waters with £30 million or so. Maybe even Liverpool or Arsenal. Be interesting to see what our reaction is to that. 

Personally I'd be looking to sell Zouma. I think he's coming back from a serious injury and was found lacking some key traits even when he was 100% fit and healthy.

For me, his technical ability and passing range is far too limited. Doesn't feel he's very suited to a back three either.

That being said, he's incredibly fast and a beast in the air. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

And yet both have Champions League winners medals!

So did Mikel .