Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Love Belotti but something tells me we're not going to spend £80m on a guy who's had 1 great season in Serie A.

10 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

Love Belotti but something tells me we're not going to spend £80m on a guy who's had 1 great season in Serie A.

You could argue that us paying £40m for a guy who's had one good season in Ligue un  and Madrid seemingly offering £120M for another one is just as unlikely.

The Toronto president said a few days ago that there were currently no offers for Belotti. He did say there had been offers at below the release clause though.

30 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The Toronto president said a few days ago that there were currently no offers for Belotti. He did say there had been offers at below the release clause though.

Don't you mean Torino? 😉😉😉

6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Don't you mean Torino? 😉😉😉

Maybe they got bought by a Canadian billionaire and got re named lol.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

Utter cack - played Costa on reputation only in the second half of the season when Michy was the better fit mentally and form. I'd be amazed if Cahill isn't made captain and so squashing all this sort of tripe, flat.

If he thought Michy was the better fit, he'd had played him. Conte doesn't do sentiment, and his managerial career thus far suggests that. If he thought Costa wasn't the best fit, he'd have dropped him. Maybe he just didn't have much confidence in Michy. I've never been convinced Conte really liked Michy - and it's no surprise we're being linked with main and back up strikers this summer. Personally I like Michy and think we should keep him, but I'm not the manager.

Cahill is a great defender and was a superb captain last season, not disputing that for one moment - and if Conte picks him as captain, no problem with me. I trust Conte's judgement. But I still see him as the weakest link in our defence, and I'm sure I'm not alone. And I'm not sure you want that player as your captain.

Now he has two full internationals, Rudiger and Christensen, who both better on the ball, and both with more pace - breathing down his neck. Both I believe will ultimately be good enough to start for us, and end up as better players than Cahill. 

Conte dropped our captain, leader, legend last season because the three players in our back three were playing so well. JT even said it himself. Remember we went to a back three when JT was injured, and if he'd not been, maybe he'd have been playing in the back three to begin with, and if he'd not done well Conte would have had a decision to make. So I'm sure he'll be quite happy to do drop even his captain, whoever that is, or a senior player, this coming season if another player comes in and does better. 

Pre-season is a chance for Rudiger and Christensen to prove they should be in our starting eleven. We'll see if they take it.

28 minutes ago, kratos said:

Maybe they got bought by a Canadian billionaire and got re named lol.

Haha damn autocorrect seems to correct all the names but no other spelling mistakes when typing on this forum from my phone.

Yeah, right, autocorrect. That old Chesthunt.😜

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

To be fair Kev, I've never said Costa is leaving because of the text message, I'm saying the text message was a huge blunder. 

Considering AM seem unwilling to pay anything more than £30m that text probably shaved off £20-30m... In my view that's a huge blunder. 

I don't believe Costa at close to 29 is worth 60 mil.