Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Yeah, right, autocorrect. That old Chesthunt.😜

Can't tell if you have spelt chesnut incorrectly to be ironic!! Or is it just being moronic haha!

Edited by Lump Of Celery

8 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Can't tell if you have spelt chesnut incorrectly to be ironic!! Or is it just being moronic haha!

I assumed out of irony when I saw that.

Loftus-Cheek to Palace on one year loan officially confirmed. Good luck to him - hope he proves himself and comes back a better player, ready for first team football.

This is his chance to prove how good he is, hope he takes it.

15 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Loftus-Cheek to Palace on one year loan officially confirmed. Good luck to him - hope he proves himself and comes back a better player, ready for first team football.

I think he will prove himself to be a fantastic number 10, a position we don't really play anymore; so I think we could see him move on at the end of his loan. Hope not, because I think he has the ability to he a top player, but I think his style is very different to what we set up with. 

36 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

18 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I think he will prove himself to be a fantastic number 10, a position we don't really play anymore; so I think we could see him move on at the end of his loan. Hope not, because I think he has the ability to he a top player, but I think his style is very different to what we set up with. 

I think he's an excellent prospect , hampered by a perceived lack of effort , lets hope he shows his true worth and gives the club something to think about .

I don't think anyone's played RLC in his correct position: the Ballack role. For the games that you want to control rather than the high-energy ones you want Essien to monster. 

Lampard - Ballack / Essien

Makelele

In a 3-4-2-1, where do you play him? Same with Baker. He's not dynamic enough for the Hazard/Pedro roles, but equally not gritty enough for the deeper Kante/Matic roles. He's a Rolls Royce where we need either armoured off-roaders or sports cars. Now Chalobah for me is perfect in the 2 alongside Kante. 

Hazard - Pedro

Loftus-Cheek/Baker etc.

Chalobah - Kante

A great player in the junior teams, didn't seem to have the confidence to perform with the seniors. Let's hope he can get his act together under Mr de Boer. 

2 hours ago, kennypaul said:

I don't believe Costa at close to 29 is worth 60 mil. 

But Aubameyang at 28 is worth £65m? 

Considering the going rates for strikers Costa is absolutely worth £60m+ no sweat. Considering his performances, probably closer to £70m. 

But no one is going to pay that for a striker we actively are trying to shift. 

7 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

I don't think anyone's played RLC in his correct position: the Ballack role. For the games that you want to control rather than the high-energy ones you want Essien to monster. 

Lampard - Ballack / Essien

Makelele

In a 3-4-2-1, where do you play him? Same with Baker. He's not dynamic enough for the Hazard/Pedro roles, but equally not gritty enough for the deeper Kante/Matic roles. He's a Rolls Royce where we need either armoured off-roaders or sports cars. Now Chalobah for me is perfect in the 2 alongside Kante. 

Hazard - Pedro

Loftus-Cheek/Baker etc.

Chalobah - Kante

Completely agree with this, the only roles I see RLC/Baker fitting into would be in the advanced midfield role in a 3-5-2.   Mason Mount is another one who may end up falling into this category. 

But, as Conte is yet to properly play this formation with us, you'd have to think the likes of Musonda / Kasey Palmer are perhaps a more natural fit?? 

So that's another homegrown youngster sent out on loan. 

It's good that it's Conte who's overseeing these loans. Can't help to think the tune on here would have been slightly different had we had another certain manager overseeing these loans... 🤔

It also seems that Bakayoko has confirmed on Twitter he's on his way to Man U only to delete the tweet minutes later. 

Cue meltdown in 3, 2, 1...