Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Looking forward to seeing how RLC gets on. To be honest, I have never really gotten my head around him. I suspect he is one of those players that just needs a run of games and confidence. He looks to have everything in his game, but for some reason it's just not clicked as yet at senior level. England has some very good U21 players in its squad and some of them are much further into their senior career than RLC, but whenever you hear anyone from that set up talk about RLC it's always very promising, I feel that they think RLC is the jewel in the U21 set up.

I think it will all click into place with him and he is most certainly someone who should benefit from a loan .Also, with a manager who has been bringing young players through at Ajax in recent seasons.

4 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It also seems that Bakayoko has confirmed on Twitter he's on his way to Man U only to delete the tweet minutes later. 

Cue meltdown in 3, 2, 1...

I would wet myself laughing. Proper, uncontrollable hysterics where I couldn't hold my bladder any longer.

Lets be honest. If Belotti had any more than one good season, we wouldnt be able to afford him or have any chance of signing him. Sometimes we need to take a punt and calculated risk. That's when the biggest rewards are attained. We need to sign players before they become world beaters and become unobtainable. If Hazard ain't with us today does anyone realistically think we will have a chance to sign him?

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Can't tell if you have spelt chesnut incorrectly to be ironic!! Or is it just being moronic haha!

Twas in jest. Hence the winky man.😉

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

I would wet myself laughing. Proper, uncontrollable hysterics where I couldn't hold my bladder any longer.

Not sure I understand, you don't rate Bakayoko? Sure we may never have been in for him to begin with, but that was one player I actually was happy for us to be linked with... 

Immense potential. A more mobile and dynamic Yaya Toure. Think he'd be a smash hit in England. 

30 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

So that's another homegrown youngster sent out on loan. 

It's good that it's Conte who's overseeing these loans. Can't help to think the tune on here would have been slightly different had we had another certain manager overseeing these loans... 🤔

It also seems that Bakayoko has confirmed on Twitter he's on his way to Man U only to delete the tweet minutes later. 

Cue meltdown in 3, 2, 1...

On point 1 , I understand where you're coming from but I get a distinct "clearing the decks" vibe at the mo emanating from the club , at some point we really have to cut our losses.

Re Bakayoko , if he wants to go to United so be it , it just reinforces the point that JM is absolutely the enemy now regardless of how intrinsic to our success /profile he was, he's taking no prisoners , I reckon he's got a beef with someone.

17 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Not sure I understand, you don't rate Bakayoko? Sure we may never have been in for him to begin with, but that was one player I actually was happy for us to be linked with... 

Immense potential. A more mobile and dynamic Yaya Toure. Think he'd be a smash hit in England. 

This.  Think he could take our midfield to the next level alongside Kante so be disappointed if this turns out to be true

19 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I have said this for a while about him, amazed some people don't seem to rate him. Has the potential to become a monster of a player.

42 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Lets be honest. If Belotti had any more than one good season, we wouldnt be able to afford him or have any chance of signing him. Sometimes we need to take a punt and calculated risk. That's when the biggest rewards are attained. We need to sign players before they become world beaters and become unobtainable. If Hazard ain't with us today does anyone realistically think we will have a chance to sign him?

None. You make a good point.

Thought reports were that United has no interest in Bakayoko. I still expect that to be true.

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

On point 1 , I understand where you're coming from but I get a distinct "clearing the decks" vibe at the mo emanating from the club , at some point we really have to cut our losses.

Re Bakayoko , if he wants to go to United so be it , it just reinforces the point that JM is absolutely the enemy now regardless of how intrinsic to our success /profile he was, he's taking no prisoners , I reckon he's got a beef with someone.

1. I don't think it's particularly clever clearing the decks with the most promising bunch of kids we've had since, well since decades. Ake, Aina, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Solanke and potentially Baker and Chalobah too. All of them bar Ake has been here since 7-8 years old... I think it's criminal. Especially since we have no problem signing sub-par players for £15-30m. I can't get my head around it. 

2. If Bakayoko goes to United and the press has had this story right (not very likely I'll admit) then we've made a huge mistake imo.