Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, OrangeAndGreyKit said:

I think we'll end up with Aubemeyang and Llorente. Which is not to be sniffed at.  

Sorry mate, but I'll sniff at it! Liorente its 32 years of age, and is nursing a broken arm! He'll miss Swansea's entire pre-season tour (and that would mean our pre-season, too), and even if the arm heals in time for the start of the Prem, he'll still  be couple of month's shy of fitness. May as well bring back Eto'o. No thanks. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I've said it before, but for me it's 1) Belotti, 2) Aubemeyang, 3) Morata, in that order in terms of talent and performance.

totally agree. If we did go for 2 of them, Belotti up front with Hazard and Auba buzzing around him would be incredible, Pedro-Bats-Willian as backup.  Add to that Sandro, Rudiger, Danilo and Bakayoko and I'd be one very happy puppy. Sell Matic and Costa, plus the money from Oscar, Begovic, Ake, Atsu, Bamford and anyone else I can't think of and we'd be good to go. That'd be about 280m spent with 160+ back in, net spend £120m. 

Get it done Roman!!

Edited by ripz

Morning Campers – hi-de-hi

Another day of regurgitates snippets from the last couple of weeks

The only thing to catch the eye was the rumor of Bertrand off to Chity for 30m, I wonder if the transfer committee put any sell on clauses in his original transfer?

2 hours ago, OrangeAndGreyKit said:

I think we'll end up with Aubemeyang and Llorente. Which is not to be sniffed at.  

Why is Kloop not chasing Aubemeyang. IMO too old and not worth 60m, especially when you have Costa on the books

BTW Love the avatar – memories of Furlongs winner in the 90th minute at QPR wearing the Orange and Gray kit.

36 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Why is Kloop not chasing Aubemeyang.

Is this now the criteria by which to judge whether or not a transfer target would be a good buy for our club? That Klopp should be chasing him for Liverpool? Dear me.

Who knows? Maybe he doesn't have that much money in the kitty? Perhaps he's been told to sell before he buys anyone else? Maybe he's simply not paying attention! Seriously - why should be be chasing him - you can't buy everybody, or be chasing everybody, never mind what the press tell you..

IMO too old and not worth 60m

In your opinion. Fine. But his 38 goals in 39 games last season suggests otherwise. He certainly isn't chopped liver. And at 28 years of age, he certainly isn't on his last legs.

especially when you have Costa on the books

Except that we all know that we won't have Costa on the books very much longer. So that's completely irrelevant, isn't it?

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

If that's your impression of Belotti then by golly you've clearly not really watched much of him at all. Which is probably understandable because I doubt many people actually tune in to watch Torino games. He has quite a solid first touch, certainly better than Costa as a bit of a guideline, along with being a better overall dribbler. Like most CF's who weren't previously AM's or wingers who've moved central he does at times dribble with his head down, but it's certainly no worse than anything we've witnessed Costa in doing. I can't help but feel  you're are severely undervaluing his technical game.

He has excellent movement off the ball, demands where he wants his passes too, can come deep and face up a defender or play on the shoulder and get in behind. Has a top notch finish with power and for his size, he's potent in the air - reminds me a little of Tim Cahill of all players in that department.

While the below doesn't paint the entire picture it will showcase how he's got a far more rounded game then you give him credit for. In terms genuine young CF's he's one of the most rounded players without any sort of significant weakness, while possessing a number of standout traits. Might seem mad a Juventus fan bigging up a Torino player, but he's got some serious CF prowess.

PS: He had a solid season the one prior also - netted 12 league goals. If people are happy with Morata's output (career high 15 league goals, 7 of which game in the final month and a bit against trash sides) then only fair to use that same level as validation for other forwards. 

If you, after having watched that, want to champion his solid first touch we clearly differ massively on what we think a good first touch is. 

Transfer what he shows in that video to the PL and it should be quite easy to see that the physical attributes he has wouldn't be all that over here and that his first touch could present a problem when you up the tempo a gear or two. 

Let me say this, I'd feel confident that he could score 15 or so goals for us without making us much better as a team. For £90m I expect 30 goals and a title winning striker. 

He's nowhere near that imo. I certainly understand why the Torino president can't shut up about him potentially going and his release clause of €100m. 

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I've said it before, but for me it's 1) Belotti, 2) Aubemeyang, 3) Morata, in that order in terms of talent and performance.

In terms of talent? What do our mean by talent? 

If its technical ability, all-round play and football intelligence - generally being a footballer - I'd say you turned that list upside down. 

If it's running with your head down and being a great finisher you've got it right imo. 

12 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If you, after having watched that, want to champion his solid first touch we clearly differ massively on what we think a good first touch is. 

Transfer what he shows in that video to the PL and it should be quite easy to see that the physical attributes he has wouldn't be all that over here and that his first touch could present a problem when you up the tempo a gear or two. 

Let me say this, I'd feel confident that he could score 15 or so goals for us without making us much better as a team. For £90m I expect 30 goals and a title winning striker. 

He's nowhere near that imo. I certainly understand why the Torino president can't shut up about him potentially going and his release clause of €100m. 

Yet, you somehow can justify 80m for Morata who has struggled to establish himself at two sides, has managed 10+ goals in one single season his career,  and has absolutely no stand out qualities that separate him from any other striker. Odd, but righto. 

Side note, I've actually watched Belotti play in general and not basing anything from that YouTube clip. That was merely to showcase there's far more to his game than what you had stated - a sample if you will. 

We'll see what happens going forward. I don't mind Morata in general, just not as our main CF or for the price quoted. Belotti has considerably more upside to his game and fit here. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If its technical ability, all-round play and football intelligence - generally being a footballer - I'd say you turned that list upside down. 

Good for you, if that's what you think. I didn't post to argue with you or your opinion (I've read your earlier posts on this subject). I posted MY opinion, and I'll stick with that. Cheers.