Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Same could be said of Costa and Drogba!

Or anyone. That was my point.

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Same could be said of Costa and Drogba!

Yep and the "what if" is what excites me most! Loved seeing Costas game translate so well 

Like Lukaku I am not going to pin my hopes on one particular striker of the 3 we are linked with. Whoever comes in I will support them 100% because unlike a certain someone else I will take it as somebody who wants to play at this club.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think on reflection, my desire for Lukaku to come here was more based around sentiment than anything. He'd been here before, I thought he was a Chelsea fan so wanted to play for us, his idol was Drogba, it would have been like a homecoming ,and from an emotional POV would have been great.  I do even now think he'd have done very well for us and been a good signing. 

However, there's also a part of me which is relieved we didn't get him, especially if we end up with Aubangyang, who is a much better, proven footballer, and more complete player. And Belotti is far more like Costa than Lukaku as well - and neither seem to have as big an ego. 

I like both Aubangyang and Belotti, they'd both be excellent striker signings. Indeed, if it ends up being Morata, I'd be happy with that too. Pretty sure it's between the first two now, so looking good. I suspect Llorente will come as backup striker (which is especially important if we get Auba). If we play two up front, it may be we keep Bats as well, though have no idea about that, guess we'll see.

Edited by James Prescott

Personally can't decide who of Belotti, Morata or Aubameyang is best for us. But as long as Conte gets the CF he wants, that is all that matters.

Also would not rule out us moving for two of them. Aubameyang could be quality playing behind Belotti together with Hazard.

Aubameyang. Well just call him Pierre shall we? Too many versions on here.

Llorente?  Even though he's 32 I'd love him here for a couple of years.  Best header of a ball in the premier league by a country mile. 

A brilliant plan b off the bench. 

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I think on reflection, my desire for Lukaku to come here was more based around sentiment than anything. He'd been here before, I thought he was a Chelsea fan so wanted to play for us, his idol was Drogba, it would have been like a homecoming ,and from an emotional POV would have been great.  I do even now think he'd have done very well for us and been a good signing. 

However, there's also a part of me which is relieved we didn't get him, especially if we end up with Aubangyang, who is a much better, proven footballer, and more complete player. And Belotti is far more like Costa than Lukaku as well - and neither seem to have as big an ego. 

I like both Aubangyang and Belotti, they'd both be excellent striker signings. Pretty sure it's between them now, so looking good. I suspect Llorente will come as backup striker (which is especially important if we get Auba). If we play two up front, it may be we keep Bats as well, though have no idea about that, guess we'll see.

He probably still is a Chelsea fan James, it just so happens he's a professional footballer of which you have to put those types of things to one side.

I think it's between Auba and Morata for me - and I'll be equally delighted if either joins tbh.

I really , really want Belotti  , I love me a swashbuckling 110% player , however Morata does have excellent technique and has scored some truly delicious goals and is also very good in the air , "Pierre" was always  the go to forward in FIFA so must have something about him (lol) and I've always like llorente , so any of those will do for me. Two of the four would be excellent.

And keep Bats too.

£40m for Bakayoko in this market is an absolute steal. 

This article is pretty good comparing Aubameyang, Morata and Belotti to Costa.

http://sqwk.at/CFCTargets

If it's a little TLDR they summise that Belotti would be the best fit.