• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, OrangeAndGreyKit said:

I know very little about his attitude and temperament to be honest.

At 23 at least he'll retain reasonable sell on value if it doesn't work out.

Yeh, that's true and on the other hand, if it does work out, then he'll be with us for a long time and will represent really good value whereas, for example, Aubemayang is 28 I believe?

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

but overwhelmingly, if there's one nationality whose players have proven to adapt both to our league and settling into England then it's surely the Italian one. We've had so many major successes with acquisitions from Italy, whether brought in as players or managers.

Ambrosetti, Panucci, Balotelli, Maccarone, Silenzi, Borini, Grabbi, Diamanti.........plenty of bad Italian signings too. 

I am not sure, 1 goal in 10 games Casiraghi a success either. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

Ambrosetti, Panucci, Balotelli, Maccarone, Silenzi, Borini, Grabbi, Diamanti.........plenty of bad Italian signings too. 

I liked Casiraghi I must say, primarily for the diagonal runs he used to make. All the same, fair enough observations Paul, but I bet they all loved London alright, along with their families!

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

C'mon that's unfair !

He was just finding his feet , his all round play was superb , he'd have been a superstar with some luck 

1 minute ago, kratos said:

I have £3.50 if that helps lol.

Thanks Kratos. I knew you'd be a man for a crisis!

7 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If you, after having watched that, want to champion his solid first touch we clearly differ massively on what we think a good first touch is. 

Transfer what he shows in that video to the PL and it should be quite easy to see that the physical attributes he has wouldn't be all that over here and that his first touch could present a problem when you up the tempo a gear or two. 

Let me say this, I'd feel confident that he could score 15 or so goals for us without making us much better as a team. For £90m I expect 30 goals and a title winning striker. 

He's nowhere near that imo. I certainly understand why the Torino president can't shut up about him potentially going and his release clause of €100m. 

Another major element should be considered when comparing Belloti to Morata is the team they play for, Morata has a better team (or better supporting tools) than Belotti, and it makes a big difference when you have that. I can put my mom on a wheelchair as CF for Real and she will score few times. 

19 minutes ago, chelsian2015 said:

Another major element should be considered when comparing Belloti to Morata is the team they play for, Morata has a better team (or better supporting tools) than Belotti, and it makes a big difference when you have that. I can put my mom on a wheelchair as CF for Real and she will score few times. 

Mmm......what's she like in the air?

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

For someone who is world class he has a very impressive honors list of a domestic cup in France and two German charity shields.

Also I believe that his head was turned toward china?

First, Drogba had won almost nothing before he joined us. Neither had Costa. Plus, playing for Dortmund, chances of winning much in a league dominated by Bayern are low, let's be honest.

Second, he doesn't want China IMO. And the club who wanted him just signed a striker, and now have their foreign quota filled up, so that's not even an option anymore. 

Third, last season he got 41 goals, 31 in the Bundesliga (which is more than Lewandoski). He got 39 goals the year before, and 25 the year before that. He's improving every year and at his peak. He has 85 goals in in 128 games for Dortmund, which is a phenomenal strike rate. 

Italian media are saying Milan are going for Belotti, because Aubangyang's wages are too high - but Marca are saying we're willing to give him the wages he's asking for.

Basically it seems Belotti and Aubangyang will go to Milan and Chelsea, it's just which one goes to which club. And Morata staying in Madrid. Aubangyang and Dortmund also want his future settled by 24th July, so things will happen one way or another with him before then most likely. 

I have no evidence, but my hunch is we'll sign Aubangyang. Most proven, cheapest fee, never had any injury problems in his career, and also in the long-term gives Tammy Abraham (who is a similar type of player) a route into the first team. Can't see a flaw in signing him. And for me, he really is a world class striker.