• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

GURJ SS   

We know all about our goal problems.. Does anyone think Bamford should be used once he comes back from his loan? Just a question, no need for the knives to come out lol..

After seeing him play on loan, I actually think he might give us a fresh option, put that with grit and determination to do well, and we might just strike it lucky. Every world class striker came from somewhere, at 20 Falcao, Cavani, Suarez were not to be seen. One thing is for sure, he won't do any worse..

We know all about our goal problems.. Does anyone think Bamford should be used once he comes back from his loan? Just a question, no need for the knives to come out lol..

After seeing him play on loan, I actually think he might give us a fresh option, put that with grit and determination to do well, and we might just strike it lucky. Every world class striker came from somewhere, at 20 Falcao, Cavani, Suarez were not to be seen. One thing is for sure, he won't do any worse..

I see your thinking but this will never happen in a million years. It just won't. Lukaku/Sturridge were scoring premier league goals out on loan and could not get a chance. I have not see much of Bamford this season and by all accounts he is doing very well in league one, but realistically he will never get a chance at Chelsea. It's just not the Chelsea way. Striker is probably the last position that we would ever blood a youngster in as it is always the most exciting problem to throw money at.

What are the thoughts on Guarin? Personally I am pleased we are being linked with players with his power and strength, this team is certainly lacking a midfield general. Whether he has the quality I am not sure but he is certainly the type of player we should be looking at.

GURJ SS   

I see your thinking but this will never happen in a million years. It just won't. Lukaku/Sturridge were scoring premier league goals out on loan and could not get a chance. I have not see much of Bamford this season and by all accounts he is doing very well in league one, but realistically he will never get a chance at Chelsea. It's just not the Chelsea way. Striker is probably the last position that we would ever blood a youngster in as it is always the most exciting problem to throw money at.

What are the thoughts on Guarin? Personally I am pleased we are being linked with players with his power and strength, this team is certainly lacking a midfield general. Whether he has the quality I am not sure but he is certainly the type of player we should be looking at.

I really really hope we give him a chance. He is scoring on a regular basis and we need goals. Yes it isn't the same level, but lower leagues football is very physical at times, and he has come through that test. He is scoring good team goals but also his fair share of good finishes. I think it could be a fantastic opportunity to see us develop our own striker.

About Guarin: I would be very happy with the signing. I want Jose to go back to 4:3:3, I think he is lacking the options to play that system anyway, but with Guarin we could have Mikel sit deep and keep possesion, with Guarin and Ramires powering through the midfield.

If we need creativity we would options of Oscar and De Bruyne.

Edited by GURJ SS

Monello   

If Chalobah can't get a place in this team, Bamford won't either. I would like to see it tried because of how awful our strikers are, but it just won't happen

If Chalobah can't get a place in this team, Bamford won't either. I would like to see it tried because of how awful our strikers are, but it just won't happen

So... Let me get this straight. We're joint second in the league two silly points behind the leaders and people are arguing we should play a League One striker???

The desperation in here knows no boundaries.

You got one thing right though (in bold) - where's the rest to use this as a stick to beat JM with?

Flinkers   

Exactly right. Bertrand, Lukaku, De Bruyne and many others have more experience playing at a higher level than Patrick Bamford and they can't get game time. It's highly unlikely that he will ever see the light of day for us.

Not saying that's the right call or fair to the players in question - that's just how it seems to be for young Chelsea players at the moment.

Heck, he hasn't even had his obligatory loan to Vitesse yet!

Monello   

So... Let me get this straight. We're joint second in the league two silly points behind the leaders and people are arguing we should play a League One striker???

You got one thing right though (in bold) - where's the rest to use this as a stick to beat JM with?

What are you talking about? I'm not criticizing Mourinho for this at all. In fact I've supported all his decisions including a rather unpopular one to sit Mata. I'm just frustrated with the Premier League strikers that we have. If they aren't doing their job, they are hardly more "Premier League" than a League One striker who is actually capable of scoring a sitter

Edited by Monello

life   

I hope they are more along the lines:

1. A top-class central midfielder who is NOT an attacking midfielder.

2. A striker that fits the team's style well. I believe that having a decent striker (mandzukic-esque) is enough provided we pad out the rest of the team well. A 'top top' striker is not as necessary as other things and should be considered only if available without sacrificing other areas.

3. Round off the areas that we lack depth with younger players, including our own. These include the left back positions, as well as the strikers if we let most of ours go at the end of the season.

squad depth is the least of our problems

life   

lol

GURJ SS   

Has Eto'o done anything to indicate that he should have taken the place of Lukaku? An with Lukaku out on loan until the end of the season it wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of him this January an bring in Bamford. It's nothing to do with panicking or anything like that, it's looking at te possibility of getting more goals. I have been all for supporting misfiring strikers, just check the Shevchenko thread if not the Torres one lol, but there is a limit to how many misfiring strikers we can have. Unless the rumours are true that Ba will go the other way in a Guarin deal, then Eto'o for Bamford will only improve us. It's actually sad to say it, but the truth is that currently Bamford will at least bring in something new to the team and possibly more goals, in fact I will say he will bring more goals.