Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Bonucci going to Milan is a shock, my Juve mates can't believe it and for less than they would have got selling him abroad. thats juve without 2 of their established back line now. Whats happening with Alex Sandro?

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently Zouma has just signed a four year contract extension and is off to Stoke for a season long loan.

shame, I like him

Our squad needed a refresh and rebuild IMO. I'd like us to buy young-ish but proven players who will improve and be a team for the long-term. I think Abraham and Christensen - both academy players - will be part of that. Musonda has a chance to prove he can be this season. Indeed, this is the big season for Loftus-Cheek. If he has a blinding season this year, and maybe breaks through for England, he can be part of that too.

But otherwise, I'd like us to be buying players who can be here for 5-6 years. Or if we do buy older players buy them in positions where we have academy players coming through (Aubangyang, who is 28, could come for three years and by then Tammy will be breaking through himself and take his place - I have a feeling Conte will be going to two up top a lot more, so there'll be chances for him).

Of the main players bought or linked Rudiger is 24, Bakayoko is 22, Sandro is 26, Danilo is 25, Oxlaide-Chamberlain is 23, Morata is 24 and Belotti is 23. Only Aubangyang is older at 28. So it's clear that we're looking at major investment for the long-term - and with Christensen and even Musonda coming back and getting a real chance in the first team, and Tammy in the wings, there's academy players who could come in. 

Luiz and Cahill are both 30 or over - and we have other young CBs who might well be good enough down the line, like Clarke-Salter and Chalobah, as well as Christensen. And of course, if he does well, there's every chance Ake could come back. There's Mason Mount, who could be a long-term replacement for Fabregas (another over 30). Those players need loans and regular first team football to develop and prove themselves good enough. Jody Morris, their coach, thinks they are good enough for the first team squad now - and I personally think, having watched them a lot, they have even more potential than the Nathaniel Chalobah/Ake/Loftus-Cheek generation (who themselves are very talented). 

I just hope the club are willing to give them their chance down the line (in about two or three years). It will mean a summer where we promote a few of these instead of signing players (though of course, we should keep signing players where necessary to keep the squad strong). Which will cause me and others maybe a few nerves. But it's the only way these guys will get a chance.

PS: Reading this afternoon that Costa and Matic not going on pre-season tour because both want to leave and they want them to be here to sort out deals. Hazard could possibly go even though he's injured, as part of team building. 

PS: Reading this afternoon that Costa and Matic not going on pre-season tour because both want to leave and they want them to be here to sort out deals. Hazard could possibly go even though he's injured, as part of team building.  milking the Chinese and Singaporean market for everything they can get out of them by bringing the star attraction along.

Find it a bit odd that Matic seems to be pushing for a move away from the club considering he has played a lot and won two titles in three years. Remember him saying how happy he was to move his family to London when he signed. Maybe the club are not willing to offer him a lucrative new contract. I was hoping he would stay as an option and for some continuity, as someone mentioned makes no sense to play him over Nate and then sell both.

There were rumours during last season Matic wasn't 100% happy at Chelsea. I think he really wanted to rejoin Jose this summer (which after what happened with Lukaku, I'd say is highly unlikely), and if not, just to leave. It's not just about Conte not wanting him (although that might be a factor), I just don't think he wants to stay. Costa we already know, he's flirted with leaving for two years and he's been pushing really hard the last 6 months - and Conte doesn't want him. 

Hopefully we'll get around £70 million combined for them both. Juve apparently want Matic, so might help smooth over or even be part of negotiations for Sandro. 

Posted (edited)

L'Equipe now reporting Bakayoko deal could be off, as Chelsea haven't yet supplied some required documentation to complete the deal and Monaco are getting frustrated and might call it off.

Monaco also apparently furious about all his social media updates about his move and photos of being at Cobham - all of which he's now deleted. 

Honestly, if this transfer falls apart over some documentation, our board want collective sacking. It will mean, with Matic going, we literally have two midfielders and will need to find an alternative at the last minute, and our board's collective incompetence will have cost us a key signing who Conte wanted.

I just hope it's all a storm in a teacup and the medical gets done and he signs.

Edited by James Prescott

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Right now we have a squad of 17 players and our pre-season tour starts Monday. Shambles.

Its 15, not including Costa and Matic. Three of them are goalkeepers and Hazard is injured.

Looks like Bakayoko has either failed the medical or Monaco are blocking the transfer-he's deleted all of his Chelsea related stuff from earlier....

Posted (edited)

Some journos reporting it's simply Monaco angry at him posting all those updates, and demanded he take them down, and that he's not yet completed his medical and they need some paperwork. 

One journo is saying transfer still due to go through, just Monaco annoyed at his social media posts.

Bakayoko's trolling is effectively threatening the transfer. Let's hope it blows over. I suspect Chelsea aren't happy at the updates either - makes us look bad.

Edited by James Prescott