Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,082 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dingus said:

Looks like Bakayoko has either failed the medical or Monaco are blocking the transfer-he's deleted all of his Chelsea related stuff from earlier....

5 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

L'Equipe now reporting Bakayoko deal could be off, as Chelsea haven't yet supplied some required documentation to complete the deal and Monaco are getting frustrated and might call it off.

Honestly, if this transfer falls apart over some documentation, our board want collective sacking. Means we literally have two midfielders and will need to find an alternative at the last minute, and our board's collective incompetence will have cost us a key signing who Conte wanted. 

Club is a shambles. Absolute shambles. Right now we have a squad of 17 players and our pre-season tour starts Monday. Shambles.

Calm down! This transfer will go through, I have no doubt about that.

If he's taken things off social media that have hinted at the move I imagine it's either Monaco or Chelsea or both telling him too - he's still a Monaco player and they probably don't like him posting about another club whilst he still represents them and Chelsea probably want him to keep it quite until they do one of those horribly cringey announcement videos.

Current Premier League champions a shambles... lets just see where we are in a few weeks time shall we.

James, honestly, calm down. I seriously worry for your health at times. 

There is a lot of talk right now about the Bakayoko deal falling through.

I hope it's just people assuming something's going on because he's taken things down from his social media and they have it completely wrong.

Whatever it is it's  gathering lots of pace,  so should find out soon.

Hopefully we announce his signing this evening.

8 hours ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

To be fair, you have done similar by suggesting Lukaku and de Bruyne only wanted out (were not forced but didn't have the stomach to wait or fight for their place) but have had nowt to say about the Nate's who - in such a tiny squad - have done the same in my opinion. All players have sought first team football elsewhere. You didn't go on to explain the difference but that's by the by now.

I think both situations are both the same - the Belgians a few years back wanted first team football and wouldn't/couldn't wait and Ake and Chalobah have done the same. Where you and I differ is that I think the situation is the same for both pairings and I understand why they all moved on but you find Lukaku and De Bruyne distasteful for wanting out but you don't for the Nate's.

I'm sorry Hugh but the situations are not the same whatsoever. 

I must ask if you read my post properly? KDB, Lukaku AND Mourinho have all confirmed with direct quotes on video (where those quotes can be read by a simple google search) that it was the players who asked to leave because they wanted guaranteed first choice status at the club. 

When such quotes are available from Ake and Chalobah you'll have a point.

Until then, I'll stick with facts over your opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

There is a lot of talk right now about the Bakayoko deal falling through.

I hope it's just people assuming something's going on because he's taken things down from his social media and they have it completely wrong.

Whatever it is it's  gathering lots of pace,  so should find out soon.

Hopefully we announce his signing this evening.

My guess. Monaco and/or Chelsea asked him to take down his posts hinting at the move to Chelsea before the deal is complete.

Journo see's this and decided the move must therefore be off and tweets/reports/whatever's this as a story, people pick it up and it is now breaking news.

I still haven't seen it anywhere other than the rumour mill that is Twitter. Lets not panic. He'll be on our tour, no doubt.

If Bakayoko falls through its far worse than Lukaku, because it'll be us who screws it up, not another club who wanted him, and he preferred over us. The deal was so close he was photographed having dinner with Luiz and Willian ffs. 

And why shouldn't fans be concerned with only three weeks to the Community Shield, leaving for our pre-season tour on Monday, with currently only 16 first team players.

After the shambles of 15/16, I think fans have every right to be a tad concerned.

3 hours ago, Dingus said:

Maybe a bit of both?

Everyone on here would have been delighted with a top 4 finish after finishing 10th in the 15/16 season so to actually go and win the league must have surprised everyone.

The lack of attracting players part could have been due to the previous season, no CL football or the club not willing to pay the prices being quoted.

To be honest I'd have been happy but also disappointed, to have finished anywhere other than at least 3rd; but the way the season ended up going I'd have been gutted to not have won it, we had to and always will have to finish above any London club. Especially when they will win it if we don't.

I think it might have been our unwillingness to pay big money, rightly so because we've proven with Hazard and Kante that smart business can be done; however having said that, a part of me feels that we are falling a bit behind in the 'mega signing market'. 

OK, calm rational hat on.

Maybe Monaco were upset about his social media posts whilst he was still officially their player, and asked him to take them down out of respect for Monaco before allowing the deal to go through. And maybe Chelsea wanted them down too, to allow for the official announcement and not to seem presumptuous. 

He's taken them down, and now journos are making assumptions based on that - that's probably what's happened.

It'll probably still happen.

What most likely happened:

Monaco: Hey Baka, please remove all Chelsea related content until you have officially signed.

What the media makes it look like: Monaco FURIOUS with Bakayoko, deal is off, player fined two weeks wages.