Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,150 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SS_89 said:

I do wonder how some of you get out of bed in the morning...

Could we go the rest of the transfer window without signing another player, possibly. However obsessing and 'panicking' over the possibility is pointless. What's the worst that could happen, we get relegated? Unlikely. We don't win the league? A distinct possibility given that we've won it 3 times in the last ten years. We don't win anything? Again a possibility...you'd think half of you haven't lived through the lean years and I know that isn't the case. 

The season and games are going to be stressful enough to watch, I don't get why you'd want to compound that during the off-season. I remember when transfer windows use to be fun...now it's simply a cesspit for stress, depression and fans arguing with each other. We don't know how active or inactive the club are being but I can only hope they are attempting to strengthen and not weaken the side, so I'm just going to sit back and await the signings/non-signings. 

Just my 2p. 

And a very worthy 2p SS. The voice of reason.

Posted (edited)

Wonder what he means by #newera and could #batman be our bats?

Edited by Ham

I am just going to kill myself if we dont chase and sign a new player on every day of the transfer window, How dare they go to other clubs.

Reports that we're going to sign two players.

Torres and Shevchenko.

Feels like Groundhog day this. 

I try to look at it from a positive side: We are so depleted there just have to be a few exciting signings coming in.

Regarding the players leaving I think it is part of our strategy: if we force young prospects to stay against their will it would be a lot harder to sign the next kid. Youngsters sign with us I guess because we give then a good overall deal: Good salary, facilities and coaches but also the option to move on if they really want to.

10 hours ago, Juni said:

Musonda and Christensen aren't HG yet; I mean they are, but for the purposes of this season they're U21 (and B List eligible in the CL).

Thanks for that answer

10 hours ago, Juni said:

That's bollocks though, because had they been actually used as squad rotation options then they might've been willing to stay. 15 appearances for Chalobah in all comps means **** all when he got less than 200 PL minutes, whilst Aké got 98 PL minutes after returning from Bournemouth - and only got that FA Cup Semi because of injury (you'll recall Conte also rested Hazard and Costa for much of that game as he was prepared to lose it in order to focus on the league). That's not squad rotation, that's squad fringe, and you can't keep players around with the promise of more if it repeatedly fails to materialise.

A player can play just under 3500 minutes in a league season; anything short of 1000 minutes doesn't count as a rotation option/squad filler, and anyone trying to convince themselves otherwise is simply continuing to move the goalposts in this discussion.

Very true.  I think if we go through all the youngsters we have had for the last 6 or 7 years, Chalobah and Ake (and Bertrand) have been the only ones from our Academy ready to actually play some proper games for us.  Moreover they were all brought back from the club when they could have had productive loans.

There seems to be 3 problems here.  
1. the club likes to have squads so small, the fringe players actually look like (and perhaps believe) they are core players.

2.  The concentration on 12 to 14 big players and no back up makes the drop down in quality all the bigger if a big name is rested.

3.  Whatever people argue, in the end 2 identical players, one has played 75 games in say the French League, and the other has played 200 minutes in the prem, then the first player is the better and more valuable player - at least until the less experienced one has started 75 games himself.

2 hours ago, DannyLB said:

Let's indulge in some fun.

http://galassiagranata.com/?p=4834

This is Belotti's car.

Of one thing I am sure, when an Italian man goes from a club like Torino to a Club like Chelsea, he buys a brand spanking new car. 

Well, If we do sign Bakayoko and Aubameyang and combine them with Bats it'll bring some personality to the squad.

Can we use Matic to get someone else in? Sanchez from Arsenal or Sandro from Juve would be nice. Doubt ManU have anyone we would be interested in. Well maybe Pogba but that's stretching it I guess

7 minutes ago, cii99mn1 said:

Can we use Matic to get someone else in? Sanchez from Arsenal or Sandro from Juve would be nice. Doubt ManU have anyone we would be interested in. Well maybe Pogba but that's stretching it I guess

Yes, Matic should be used to oil another deal. Personally, I do not see Sandro going now that Juve have sold Bonucci so I think we should use him for Sanchez as it is the only way I can see Arsenal letting him go to a English side

Doesn't aubameyang celebrate with a Spiderman mask? We might see Spiderman and Batman up front together next season. Marvel-lous.

He wears a Batman hat often think he just likes hero cartoons and that's what the hashtag is about.