Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,081 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

About right about everything here except the bit in bold. 

Sure, there are a few youth options but that in no way nullifies your point.

An already thin squad which Conte didn't think could compete at the start of LAST season has gone on to lose Ivanovic, Oscar, Mikel, Terry, Ake, Begovic, Chalobah and sent Ruben Loftus Cheek out on loan.. Meanwhile we are also set to lose Matic and Costa as well! 

And who have we brought in? Kante, Luiz, Michy, Caballero, Alonso and Rudiger and we may or may not conclude deals for a couple others as well by the look of things.

We are in serious danger next season IMO.

Finally, someone who sees the danger thank you. Maybe I shall make it clear. Sure we have youth players. Perhaps I should say youth players who are ready to step up. At this point Omeruo hasnt played for us nor has Hector. The guys who had the quality to step up are being sold or loaned. We need numbers for next campaign but we are shipping out the likes of Matic and RLC. We may or may not even play untested players like Omeruo or Hector simply because they will be deemed far too inexperienced by the club or manager. Chalobah and RLC didn't get a whole lot of chance last season, who's to say Omeruo or Hector will get any more?  Heck these two may even be loaned out or sold! 

The least we have to do now is keep Matic. But we are hell bent on shipping out for the 40M proud fee. In the least, I expect us to sign another midfielder in addition to Baka. Or we better pray hard both Baka and Kante doesn't have any injuries. 

8 hours ago, cii99mn1 said:

Can we use Matic to get someone else in? Sanchez from Arsenal or Sandro from Juve would be nice. Doubt ManU have anyone we would be interested in. Well maybe Pogba but that's stretching it I guess

Wouldn't mind Herrera.

"We are in serious danger IMO."

"What a pathetic state."

"Finally, someone who sees the danger."

Really? 

I will make a more optimistic prediction: we will start the season, or at worst, reach the end of this transfer window, with a squad of the size and quality that Conte wants.

Can't quite believe I've posted such an audaciously optimistic statement. Apologies to those with the wisdom based on experience of football matters I lack.

I believe - it's my fatal flaw.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Heck these two may even be loaned out or sold! 

Heck, yes they might! Or not.

Why don't we wait and see ? - particularly as there's not a single thing any of us can do about it, other than whinge about what might happen.

But wait.....you didn't mention Azpilicueta, or Luiz - both legitimate options as cover for those deeper midfield positions you're apparently so concerned about. Senior players too. Proven players, yes. Did you forget about them? Or do they put a serious dent in your 'argument' (if that's what it is).

The least we have to do now is keep Matic. But we are hell bent on shipping out for the 40M proud fee. 

Now I know that you're deliberately taking the piss. The club isn't 'hell bent' on selling him. He is training by himself, because he wants to go to United - because he's clearly been tapped-up by dear old Jose. The club would prefer to sell him elsewhere if they have to, after Jose jumped us on Lukaku, but the player has to agree. Which part of this do you not get?

5 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

"We are in serious danger IMO."

"What a pathetic state."

"Finally, someone who sees the danger."

Really? 

I will make a more optimistic prediction: we will start the season, or at worst, reach the end of this transfer window, with a squad of the size and quality that Conte wants.

Can't quite believe I've posted such an audaciously optimistic statement. Apologies to those with the wisdom based on experience of football matters I lack.

Ok we get it, you think everything is dandy and you see no clouds on the horizon. 

But why do you feel the need to belittle the handful of us who are worried? It's not like we worry without reason - we have clearly laid out the "why". If you have issues with that maybe argue the "why" instead of what you are doing now? 

Just a thought. It is after all a forum. 

4 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

It doesn't take much believing though to be fair. 

Our current squad minus Costa, Zouma and Matic stands at 12 outfield players, one being injured . Quite clearly we will bring in more players, quite a few in fact, just to make a match day squad.

There is an awful lot going on that we don't know about and there will be a number of signings between now and the end of the window.

Courtois Cabellero Eduardo

Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta Rudiger 

Moses Alonso

Fabregas Kante 

Willian Perdo Hazard

Bastshuayi

This is our current squad without the three players that look certain to leave.

12 outfield players, 2 midfielders and 1 forward.  There is no way in a million years we will not see multiple signings, far more players coming in than we are being linked with.

Right now, not only do we not have a squad we don't have any substitutes and barely a starting 11.

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It doesn't take much believing though to be fair. 

Our current squad minus Costa, Zouma and Matic stands at 12 outfield players, one being injured . Quite clearly we will bring in more players, quite a few in fact, just to make a match day squad.

There is an awful lot going on that we don't know about and there will be a number of signings between now and the end of the window.

Well I'd certainly hope so. 

We finished the season with;

DF: Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Ake, Zouma

RWB: Moses

LWB: Alonso

MF: Kante, Fabregas, Matic, Chalobah

AM: Hazard, Pedro, Willian

S: Costa, Bats

Thats 16 outfielders. Conte has clearly said he wanted a bigger squad this season. 

We have 14 outfielders now (incl Bakayoko, excluding Costa, Matic, Zouma). 

So we are at least Bakayoko and 3 more signings short to factually have a larger squad than last season (17 vs. 16). 

13 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well I'd certainly hope so. 

We finished the season with;

DF: Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Ake, Zouma

RWB: Moses

LWB: Alonso

MF: Kante, Fabregas, Matic, Chalobah

AM: Hazard, Pedro, Willian

S: Costa, Bats

Thats 16 outfielders. Conte has clearly said he wanted a bigger squad this season. 

We have 14 outfielders now (incl Bakayoko, excluding Costa, Matic, Zouma). 

So we are at least Bakayoko and 3 more signings short to factually have a larger squad than last season (17 vs. 16). 

Do not panic, all the loan players have returned and are ready for the first team. If there are any shortfalls the club’s technical director assisted by the rest of the Cronies will be on it like a shot

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

9 hours ago, James Prescott said:

He's making mischief. 

I think he's confusing Chelsea fans with Manc fans, we don't want this social media rubbish, he needs a life lesson from Kante.