Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,150 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Uber Robben said:

Second choice. The deal only went through after Alves turned them down. Props to them for getting a deal done quickly after though...although that might have something to do with Daniel Levy running to the bank with £50m+ for Kyle sodding Walker!

And our club is trying to offload one of the best CF in the world for peanuts

SKY now reporting Bakayoko to have his medical "within the next 24 hours" WTF?

Guys, stop worrying about when the Bakayoko medical is going to be or if it has already happened etc. He is going to sign for us and he isn't going to be fit to play straight away, so it doesn't really matter if it goes through today, tomorrow or Wednesday.

The media have no idea when his medical is, so they just update it every day that passes, so that eventually they can claim to have been right.

I reckon they'll announce 2 in a short space sometime in the next few days - him being one of them.

9 hours ago, Kezza said:

Ideally we now have Bakayoko, Kante and Fabregas for central midfield. With Fabregas playing anything unlike the other two. So who's our 4th backup player for central midfield position if either Bakayoko or Kante gets injured? 

Nobody. Not even a youth player.

What a pathetic state. And we are still looking to sell Matic.

Azpi would be great,  Willian could do it.  Moreover why we would need to play Bakayoko AND Kante in the same team?  One is enough.

Sounds a great state to me.  AND we are still looking to sell Matic  :)

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Ok we get it, you think everything is dandy and you see no clouds on the horizon. 

But why do you feel the need to belittle the handful of us who are worried? It's not like we worry without reason - we have clearly laid out the "why". If you have issues with that maybe argue the "why" instead of what you are doing now? 

Just a thought. It is after all a forum. 

Didn't intend to 'belittle' - just to offer a contrary point of view. Genuine apology for that.

My issue is with the "why" clearly laid out - a lot of it rests on the assumption that press rumours are true. 

And quite a lot of the factually accurate stuff assumes that where we are now is where will stay - e.g. Because we're currently selling players we won't succeed in replacing them. Rather like panicking when you sit down to an empty plate in a restaurant, even though you haven't been served yet.

My contrary view is based less on my own fleeting fears/doubts (I have those 'what ifs...? too) and more on precedent. Our club has done consistently well over several years, so clearly something works.

And I agree it's a forum - but IMO we're at our best when we argue the case for what squad needs and which players might meet that need - at our worst when we get stuck in an 'everythings going wrong' groove.

But to end, respect to all who post here and ad apologies if any offended.

All we need now is the manager to walk away..

2 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

I see your point, but the transfer market is changing, top targets are being brought in much earlier, which indicates that the more late signings won't be first choice; of course it may just be the way we conduct business, but if we don't move with the market then we can't blame anyone but ourselves if our top targets move elsewhere.

I have no doubt we will have a squad on the numbers Conte wants, where I am worried is, will it be his first choice targets in that squad...or what he has had to find, because of taking too long to close deals.

Not sure (based on past few winter/summer windows) that you're reading is right - feels like the activity/quality curve for transfers amongst top clubs remains fairly consistent - I.e a few big buys early on, lots of delays, second wave of signings later on in window.

I wonder if there is an aggregated account of the activity - based on top 10-15 european clubs, showing who signed who, when and for how much.

8 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

All we need now is the manager to walk away..

Conte has not conducted an interview since his return

28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Azpi would be great,  Willian could do it.  Moreover why we would need to play Bakayoko AND Kante in the same team?  One is enough.

Sounds a great state to me.  AND we are still looking to sell Matic  :)

Is Bakayoko old enough for you?

58 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

And our club is trying to offload one of the best CF in the world for peanuts

A centre forward who apparently ONLY wants to go (back) to AM and nowhere else!!! That AM are currently banned from registering new players just makes things more difficult.