Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Certainly not overly bothered by how quickly Man City may have competed this deal, given they got fleeced for £50m.

up there with 75m+ for lukaku

Alonso is probably still good enough to be first choice, if we can't get somebody good enough to take his place like Sandro then we can still sign a cheaper alternative as a back up left footed option and spend the money elsewhere.

Chelsea fan Sam Matterface on TalkSport has declared a crisis at Chelsea with only 14 outfield players going in to the new season.

Sold £170million worth of talent since January but a minimum of eight new signings needed to compete next season according to Matterface.

Worrying times?  15/16 season repeating itself?  Conte to walk?  All possible with those running this club it seems.

Cannot bear the negativity on here sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Amen!

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Indeed!

6 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I'd say this window proves the complete opposite if anything.

Maybe I'm comparing to our Alonso and Luiz transfers, also Torres in the past. But it seems at least like we are quite slow with finding a striker; unless Conte now rates Bats highly enough to not be bothered if a top striker comes in. 

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Manchester City sold / released all their full backs at the end of the season and so far have paid £55m for one and still need a minimum of two.

Fair point, but I'd rather be looking for fullbacks than strikers, if I'm honest. We looked thin in the striker department last season, and currently we have 1 striker, and the closer the transfer deadline comes the higher the prices will go.

13 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Chelsea fan Sam Matterface on TalkSport has declared a crisis at Chelsea with only 14 outfield players going in to the new season.

Sold £170million worth of talent since January but a minimum of eight new signings needed to compete next season according to Matterface.

Worrying times?  15/16 season repeating itself?  Conte to walk?  All possible with those running this club it seems.

Talksport... talk up a good story... crisis story better than things going fine story... as for the 'those running this club' line. I dispute it based on:

1. This club's prodigous recent success

2. Roman's obvious close attention and interest - from the kids through to the seniors

3. On the few occasions I read about Chelsea from those 'in the game' - coaches, ex-players etc - the talk is generally about the club being well run.

A few months ago the press line was that Utd were in crisis, Arsenal were torn apart etc.

5 hours ago, Uber Robben said:

Second choice. The deal only went through after Alves turned them down. Props to them for getting a deal done quickly after though...although that might have something to do with Daniel Levy running to the bank with £50m+ for Kyle sodding Walker!

Fair enough, but I think Alves is up there with the likes of Marcelo, where they are untouchable but if there's a slight chance it's worth a punt.

£50M for a RB that is sort of quick, and his replacement for Spurs(Trippier) looks better than him, Levy has done with Walker what we did with Oscar; only the blue mancs are paying Chinese prices for English knock offs.