• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

GURJ SS   

Life:

Just one simple question. Does our midfield put the ball past the opposition defence? Because saying the strikers don't make that run means that Jose is telling them (especially Torres) to play against their style. You can say he has lost his pace, he has, but not enough to say he can't run, he is still fast. He has made some runs this season at defenders where he has taken them on by accelerating past them, so he still has it in that sense. We heard how Gerrard and Charagher said that Suarez wasn't exactly quick, but Liverpool supply that ball into the box, players overlap and get the move going quickly. You also said our AM's try to find a way through and probe space, that's the whole point. They should be looking to get past the defence by taking players on, going direct towards goal, and picking a pass out that will put someone through on goal. At the moment we play far too much infront of the opposition, we should have some serious penetrating runs and through balls with the players we have, but our AM's tend to do their bit and then pass the ball to the other one to do ther but. From the last game I will take a huge positive, and that is Willian, he got in behind the full backs a few times and looked up, it's just a shame that we didn't get enough people forward for either a overlap or pull back. An while all this was going on, guess who made the run to make the space? Yep, Torres.

I will be very interested to see a striker come in that tries to make his own chances of scoring while our AM's have the ball, because I can't see our AM's giving a striker the ball for them to then ignore them while they try an take on a defence. Happens well for smaller teams or ones that have no decent attackers, but with our AM's all we need to do it tell someone to make that run. Then it comes to either two things.. 1: Jose is saying to them not to make the run beyond the defence, hence the AM's don't put the ball through the defence. 2: The strikers are not listening to Jose, which is highly unlikely and if true then why isn't Shurrle put there to make those runs.

Edit: Torres is out quickest forward who scored goals at Liverpool. Eto'o is about 32, he is far from finished it terms of a career, but is off pace due to semi retirement. Ba was scoring and beating defenders on his own for Newcastle, what has changed? Why is it that only Torres has scored more then 20 goals other then Drogba in a season? He scored last season, yeh mostly in cup games but we has Hazard playing much more direct and Oscar was on the wing where he was much more direct. Mata was finding the space with in defences, which point to Mata playing in the middle. Something is wrong with our style, we blamed Torres all last season, an now Ba and Eto'o are getting dragged down too. Why is it the strikers? How many strikers can be wrong? All 3? 3 strikers can be wrong but not 3 AMs?

Like I said, Willian was a positive, he just went direct and took the game to the other team. But we are lacking that ball past the defence, CB's hate the ball being played past them, so why isn't it done?

Edited by GURJ SS

The one on our books should get a chance. It all comes down to using the options the club has. Eto'o is pants, Ba is no better. Bamford and Feruz would at least do no worst. Lukaku would regret leaving if they went on to replace them both until the end of the season and win something. I think between Torres and Shurrle we can cover the striker position as use Bamford in the lesser games as a sub.

Would at least do no worse? Says who? You?

Forgive me if I'm not convinced.

Scooba   

Gazzetto dello sport and guardian reporting that a deal has been reached with Guarin. Around £15m. He will be eligible for champs league I think? Good signing if true, our weakest area and not exactly a huge fee.

GURJ SS   

Would at least do no worse? Says who? You?

Forgive me if I'm not convinced.

I'm surprised you need convincing after seeing our strike force for half a season lol

GURJ SS   

Gazzetto dello sport and guardian reporting that a deal has been reached with Guarin. Around £15m. He will be eligible for champs league I think? Good signing if true, our weakest area and not exactly a huge fee.

If true great great news. Now it's to get him in as soon as Jan comes around. No messing, 2nd of Jan at Chelsea for the medical and on the 3rd in training.

Monello   

Depth at that position is welcome because Ramires is currently indispensable for us. I'm more excited about the rumour of our interest in Zouma though.

DLU   

So can anyone tell us more about Guarin? What type of player is he?

DLU   

A very inconsistent CM. Don't understand this link at all.

Have you watched him consistently?