Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Not sure (based on past few winter/summer windows) that you're reading is right - feels like the activity/quality curve for transfers amongst top clubs remains fairly consistent - I.e a few big buys early on, lots of delays, second wave of signings later on in window.

I wonder if there is an aggregated account of the activity - based on top 10-15 european clubs, showing who signed who, when and for how much.

I'm probably just feeling it's changing because other teams are way ahead of us on numbers, and where other teams have the odd position that needs to be addressed; we could all name quite a few positions in our team, plus with CL football we look this even when taking potential targets into account. 

32 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Chelsea fan Sam Matterface on TalkSport has declared a crisis at Chelsea with only 14 outfield players going in to the new season.

Sold £170million worth of talent since January but a minimum of eight new signings needed to compete next season according to Matterface.

Worrying times?  15/16 season repeating itself?  Conte to walk?  All possible with those running this club it seems.

I get it to be around £120m. Not sure when Salah was made permanent (summer or January?) but he's not included in the £120m. 

I'd say it's crisis at Chelsea. We've left ourselves ridiculously vulnerable right now and are a 6-7 players short (minimum). 

Marina really has to get going asap and close some deals. At this rate, with a few injuries in pre-season we won't even have a starting XI for the first league game in four weeks time. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Rudiger, Christensen, Moses, Alonso, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Bats. 

14 incl Bakayoko. Perhaps you left out Christensen? 

Yes, I forgot Christensen. Not looking good though

5 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I get it to be around £120m. Not sure when Salah was made permanent (summer or January?) but he's not included in the £120m. 

I'd say it's crisis at Chelsea. We've left ourselves ridiculously vulnerable right now and are a 6-7 players short (minimum). 

Marina really has to get going asap and close some deals. At this rate, with a few injuries in pre-season we won't even have a starting XI for the first league game in four weeks time. 

You are overreacting, and worrying too much - according to many on here.

First, July 1st was when the floodgates will open for player movements. Now, it's because we have 4 more weeks in the transfer window.

I get it there's still time, but we deplete our squad so much so that while I believe we will get players in, I doubt we will be getting 6-7 players in one summer, which will end up with our squad being more or less the same as last season and not any better.

I'm not as downbeat as some but anyone that thinks we are not in a bit of bother right now needs their heads tested.

We go on tour in a few days and right now have 13 outfield players, possibly 14 if Bakayoko signs but then again he's injured so won't take part, neither will Hazard so we start our pre season tour with 12 fit players. That may not be a crisis but it's absolutely shambolice for a club such as ours to find ourselves in this position.

What's Conte supposed to do with 12 players? Wouldn't be surprised to see him walk. And wouldn't blame him. At  all

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yes, I forgot Christensen. Not looking good though

We don't really know what are the clubs plans for Christensen yet this season. 

I wouldn't write off the possibility of a loan for him and Zouma, despite the obvious need for numbers now.

Just now, Martin1905 said:

I'm not as downbeat as some but anyone that thinks we are not in a bit of bother right now needs their heads tested.

We go on tour in a few days and right now have 13 outfield players, possibly 14 if Bakayoko signs but then again he's injured so won't take part, neither will Hazard so we start our pre season tour with 12 fit players. That may not be a crisis but it's absolutely shambolice for a club such as ours to find ourselves in this position.

What's Conte supposed to do with 12 players? Wouldn't be surprised to see him walk. And wouldn't blame him. At  all

Are you James in disguise? 😉😉😉