Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Part of the problem we have is the players we have targeted are at big clubs already. E.g your Sandros at Juventus. Players at Real, Barca, Bayern ect.

Trying to sign a big asset from clubs as big as these is a task more difficult than most unless those clubs choose to sell the player because they have a sexier model coming in or you make that club and player an offer so outrageous they cannot refuse it.

So you have widen your net and look at players who are at clubs who are not as big or successful as others.

For example Alex Telles at Porto is a name that does not make your eyes pop out because he does not sound a big deal like Alex Sandro does, but that's not to say he cannot reach that level with the right enviroment and coaching.

As for Lukaku, he was at a club who we do not have a good working relationship with, had that not been the case maybe he would be here now but that's a different story.

Yay ! 14 players !

Well would you look at that, the deal that we'd messed up and proved our club was run by mindless numpties has actually happened.

Welcome Bakayoko, for the sanity of some people on here, I am glad you have finally signed.

well good we got him in finally.

I miss the old days when you just turned on ceefax and saw we had signed Chris Sutton or someone now its so drawn out with twitter and instagram and media rumours....

Still, hopefully the first of many!

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

well good we got him in finally.

I miss the old days when you just turned on ceefax and saw we had signed Chris Sutton or someone now its so drawn out with twitter and instagram and media rumours....

Still, hopefully the first of many!

Lol I rember seeing Mark Hughes sign on ceefax.

9 minutes ago, kratos said:

Lol I rember seeing Mark Hughes sign on ceefax.

I can remember exactly what I was doing when that happened.  I was so surprised and excited and rightly so as it turned out.  Zola and Hughes.........happy days :)

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I can remember exactly what I was doing when that happened.  I was so surprised and excited and rightly so as it turned out.  Zola and Hughes.........happy days :)

Lol that one really did get concluded fast.

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Great to hear Tiemoue, btw you are banned from twitter.