Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,150 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is that some kind of release clause?  In that case it just means £30 m + as many million a year it takes to outbid everyone else.

I do not see Mahrez as an option as: 

1) His style does not really suit us as he is best in a no.10 role or when he was given lots of free room - case in point: compare 15/16 to 16/17 where defenders actually started to mark him.

2) In addition to being marked out of the game if he comes here he will be kicked out of it also with no protection from the ref. 

If we are to buy an AM we should be looking at a Perisic, Isco, Griezmann, Sanchez or Bernardeschi type player. 

2 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I do not see Mahrez as an option as: 

1) His style does not really suit us as he is best in a no.10 role or when he was given lots of free room - case in point: compare 15/16 to 16/17 where defenders actually started to mark him.

2) In addition to being marked out of the game if he comes here he will be kicked out of it also with no protection from the ref. 

If we are to buy an AM we should be looking at a Perisic, Isco, Griezmann, Sanchez or Bernardeschi type player. 

1.  I really don't care who our player is, if the oppo choose to mark him out of the game he is making a big contribution.

2.  You think he got protection at Leicester?

4 hours ago, DannyLB said:

He looks great in blue. Welcome Bakayoko. Great signing. 

Yep, looks very enthusiastic, very good news before bed time.

Not sure Mahrez is ideal for us: my priority is a CF - then cover at WBs and a 4th CM.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1.  I really don't care who our player is, if the oppo choose to mark him out of the game he is making a big contribution.

2.  You think he got protection at Leicester?

1. Fair point but the way that teams sit deep against us I do not see him making much impact against that type of defending as he did not last season and only looked like a really good player when teams are wide open at the back.

2. Compare to us yes. I do not see anyone else in the Premier League getting remotely kicked like our AMs do. 

11 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Not sure Mahrez is ideal for us: my priority is a CF - then cover at WBs and a 4th CM.

We are in desperate need of another AM as Hazard is injured and it is the most demanding position in our formation. No way is Pedro, Hazard, Willian and untested Musonda going to be able to cover the games we will have unless Musonda all of a sudden busts up a couple of gears. 

14 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

1. Fair point but the way that teams sit deep against us I do not see him making much impact against that type of defending as he did not last season and only looked like a really good player when teams are wide open at the back.

2. Compare to us yes. I do not see anyone else in the Premier League getting remotely kicked like our AMs do. 

1.  Make your mind up, is the issue that he'll be marked out of the game, or that teams will defend deep - which at least gives him space.  
I think he can beat a man out wide - which Hazard and Pedro can do, but no one else in out squad can.

2.  I don't see any one else having as good players as Chelsea.  Hazard would get kicked just as much whatever PL team he played for.  It is not the shirt, it is the ability to embarrass defenders.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/chelsea-fans-react-strangely-to-the-news-theyve-beaten-liverpool-for-aubameyang-133911

Looks like the media are desperate to put players off us, every club will have some nutters for fans who don't want a player because they think they're ugly, it's social media; plenty of headcases on that platform. But the signs are promising if the links are authentic, we need a striker with blistering pace to be able to get on the end of a through pass or long ball.