• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

todongo   

something to be happy about. I already liked Fredy Guarin, so if this is finalized before January begins, it's a nice start to January.

Need one more CM after this one.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/in-evidenza/edicola-gds-accordo-inter-chelsea-guarin-parte-a-gennaio-col-milan-99940

GURJ SS   

So can anyone tell us more about Guarin? What type of player is he?

He isn't very tall but compact and very powerful. He doesn't mind getting stuck in and is able to run with the ball at his feet. He does a more driving run then skilful, and he has a powerful shot. Ok he isn't a player to jump up an down about, but we have plenty if those. We need more grit, fight, power and determination in midfield, an he will provide that. So for me he would be a excellent signing.

Even though he is 6 foot, he looks shorter at times, because of his style of play. He wouldn't get out muscled by anyone and would add much steel in the midfield.

Edit: Not a flair player, power, pace and aggression is more his game. But the rest is down to him settling etc and chances to show his quality.

Can he play as a playmaker? Yes and no, he won't be a scholes type of playmaker, more of a young Essien type of playmaker, box to box with urgency in his game. I think he may just be what we need, some on here asked why we haven't got mids who can defend as well as attack, Guarin and Ramires might just be the answer to that.

Edited by GURJ SS

DLU   

He isn't very tall but compact and very powerful. He doesn't mind getting stuck in and is able to run with the ball at his feet. He does a more driving run then skilful, and he has a powerful shot. Ok he isn't a player to jump up an down about, but we have plenty if those. We need more grit, fight, power and determination in midfield, an he will provide that. So for me he would be a excellent signing.

Even though he is 6 foot, he looks shorter at times, because of his style of play. He wouldn't get out muscled by anyone and would add much steel in the midfield.

Edit: Not a flair player, power, pace and aggression is more his game. But the rest is down to him settling etc and chances to show his quality.

Can he play as a playmaker? Yes and no, he won't be a scholes type of playmaker, more of a young Essien type of playmaker, box to box with urgency in his game. I think he may just be what we need, some on here asked why we haven't got mids who can defend as well as attack, Guarin and Ramires might just be the answer to that.

He seems to be very physical, from looking at Youtube videos... So would you say he is an Essien type of player?

Edit: Essien-in-his-prime-type-of-player

Edited by DLU

I'm surprised you need convincing after seeing our strike force for half a season lol

Which of course has absolutely nothing to do with Bamfords ability.

Bamford does not become a better player just because you think our strikers are ****. It doesn't quite work that way.

GURJ SS   

A very inconsistent CM. Don't understand this link at all.

I would say very consistant, depending on what is asked of him. If you want him to be a creative playmaker like has been in the past at times , then not the most consistant, not inconsistent but not exactly consistant either. If you need him to defend and attack with attributes of tackling, aggression, pace and power, then you will get that from him.

GURJ SS   

He seems to be very physical, from looking at Youtube videos... So would you say he is an Essien type of player?

Edit: Essien-in-his-prime-type-of-player

Closest we will find to a prime Essien. they don't make mids like that anymore, it's all this flippy flappy football nowadays.

GURJ SS   

Which of course has absolutely nothing to do with Bamfords ability.

Bamford does not become a better player just because you think our strikers are ****. It doesn't quite work that way.

I really wish that is was think our strikers are s***, I'm starting to believe they are lol.

I get what you mean, but all I'm saying is these players can be used when things ain't working out. I know we are only 2 points off the top but what if we use one of our young strikers in a domestic cup game and they hit it off with our attacking players, we will have struck gold, an the only way to striker gold? Is to look through all th land you can get through, sometimes it's good to throw a player in at the deep end. At least that way you know what you got. If we put Suarez and Aguero in a lower league, it's more likely that they will score less, because they ain't used to so many punts up the pitch an wayward passing, an also the ball being given away so easily by their team, they might not even get the ball for a game. I'm not saying that all lower league strikers are better, but Bamford has done very well for striker with limited service. It won't hurt to give it a try in a situation where we can afford too, the way I see it, I can't predict he will be a hit, but I can confidently say that he won't cost us a match that we are winning.

Edit: He is back in Jan, if we can't secure a P.L loan then he is better off training with the first team and fighting for a place, he can always play reserve football if he doesn't get selected. Maybe he can join a P.L team struggling for goals, or a compulsory loan to Vitesse lol

Edit, Edit: I just realised we are that P.L team struggling for goals!

Edited by GURJ SS

I really wish that is was think our strikers are s***, I'm starting to believe they are lol.

I get what you mean, but all I'm saying is these players can be used when things ain't working out. I know we are only 2 points off the top but what if we use one of our young strikers in a domestic cup game and they hit it off with our attacking players, we will have struck gold, an the only way to striker gold? Is to look through all th land you can get through, sometimes it's good to throw a player in at the deep end. At least that way you know what you got. If we put Suarez and Aguero in a lower league, it's more likely that they will score less, because they ain't used to so many punts up the pitch an wayward passing, an also the ball being given away so easily by their team, they might not even get the ball for a game. I'm not saying that all lower league strikers are better, but Bamford has done very well for striker with limited service. It won't hurt to give it a try in a situation where we can afford too, the way I see it, I can't predict he will be a hit, but I can confidently say that he won't cost us a match that we are winning.

Edit: He is back in Jan, if we can't secure a P.L loan then he is better off training with the first team and fighting for a place, he can always play reserve football if he doesn't get selected. Maybe he can join a P.L team struggling for goals, or a compulsory loan to Vitesse lol

Edit, Edit: I just realised we are that P.L team struggling for goals!

At least you're colourful and persistent. I'll give you that:) Edited by Sleeping Dave

Of course Mourinho can say no to any player who asks to leave. But why would he want to? Why would he want someone who doesn't want to be here, to fight for their place? Why would anyone here want us to keep hold of a player who wasn't willing to fight?

I don't care how good Lukaku may or may not be. If he asked to leave*, he's no good to us.

*Edit: Not that he's not not within his rights to ask to leave- I probably would have, but not because Eto'o arrived. Seems a massive red herring to me.

Edited by thevelourfog

Leo91   

Have you watched him consistently?

At Porto yes, he was explosive. But since his move to Inter, Inter fans have been very disappointed. Erratic seems to sum him up, AKA Ramires.