Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,150 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Me too Bob. And winning frequently, but not all the time, is yet another example of the old adage "less is more" for me.

The question is will Roman accept that?

3 minutes ago, kratos said:

Well he has to doesn't he Kratos? As he must well know by now, in the PL you simply can't win the title every year and, as I said, that's one of its biggest plus points.

8 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well he has to doesn't he Kratos? As he must well know by now, in the PL you simply can't win the title every year and, as I said, that's one of its biggest plus points.

I do agree with you Pete, but the constant pressure on every manager who has been here to succeed instantly or face the axe is a habit Roman does not look like he will shake.

3 minutes ago, kratos said:

I do agree with you Pete, but the constant pressure on every manager who has been here to succeed instantly or face the axe is a habit Roman does not look like he will shake.

Yep, fair call mate and I am getting anxious now about the fact that Antonio still hasn't signed up to a new contract yet I'll admit.

It'll be incredibly frustrating if Milan just pop up and seal Bonucci and Belotti like it was nothing, quick deals done without any fuss. I wonder what Conte would think about that, knowing he could've had both players quite easily.

Edited by ripz

26 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Not lost on me, just that he is not of the quality that I would want in an AM role that requires a lot of minutes. There is a reason most thought he was gone up until his transformation - except for those that wanted him as a 5th choice AM to bulk the squad up. Additionally, if we apply such logic to the whole squad is there much point in getting a RWB as Dave can cover that as well as CB?

But it's also not practical to have 4 top draw AM's and keeping them happy. Yeah, we'll be without Hazard for a period but that's manageable. Once he's back he's essentially a lock. Therefore it becomes 3 players for one position. Potentially 4 if you wish to include Musonda. And 5 if you care to include Moses as further cover. 

Strength can also come in flexibility. The more players we have for a position like AM means it becomes harder to move away from a system that includes them whenever it may be required.

Ideally, we'd add a player who can play AM/ST that way they're able to pick up games at two positions irrespective of what formation switches may occur.

I'm not one who thinks we need a RWB. I was very much in the camp of signing a specific type of CB to replace Azpi in that role and thus free him to play wing back. Rudiger signing has possibly allowed this to happen and now gives us Azpi and Moses to play RWB. While he can still provide CB cover if we ever need. The beauty of having versatile players.

9 minutes ago, ripz said:

It'll be incredibly frustrating if Milan just pop up and seal Bonucci and Belotti like it was nothing, quick deals done without any fuss. I wonder what Conte would think about that, knowing he could've had both players quite easily.

I gather his son is unwell, which is why he wants to stay in Italy (and probably why he did not come last season).

45 minutes ago, kratos said:

To be fair, I quite like having an owner who doesn't accept losing. We all know we can't do it all the time but I want everyone at the club to not accept second place.

30 minutes ago, ripz said:

Bonucci doesnt want to leave Italy, he was probably never going to happen and Conte will know that by now. So missing him would not be so tough to accept.

SKY reporting Remy is off after the pre season tour .