Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Breaking that Van Ginkel is back to PSV on loan and Remy is off this summer. 

They MUST have plans well advanced to replace them if this is the case. Our two weakest areas right now.

One theory I've heard with Milan which is worrying - they've signed Kessie, Bonucci, Roridguez and possibly now Belotti. All of whom we were strongly linked with and Conte is said to like as players. They argument goes they are building a team for Conte and want him as their manager at some point in the future. 

Of course, it's only a theory and highly unlikely (and I don't believe it myself) but the fact is there is a long-term contract on the table for Conte here which he has STILL not signed, despite being back at Cobham for over a week with plenty of opportunity to sign it (and all the sceptic here said he would sign it when pre-season began, which he hasn't). He's clearly waiting to see how we do in the transfer market, what squad he has, before committing. 

We've made a good start but we need a lot more signings, and good ones at that.

Dortmund just said they won't be negotiating for Aubangyang for much longer. We can't wait till Costa sorts his future to sign a replacement, we need a new striker like yesterday. If we delay we could lose a potential signing. 

59 minutes ago, ripz said:

It'll be incredibly frustrating if Milan just pop up and seal Bonucci and Belotti like it was nothing, quick deals done without any fuss. I wonder what Conte would think about that, knowing he could've had both players quite easily.

I agree, wouldn't be surprising to see Conte go to Milan sooner rather than later.

It's always more difficult negotiating with English clubs - there is now a premium for all English clubs with the TV money here. 

But I still don't like the way our club does incoming transfers in particular. Other clubs have shown when you need to get a deal done, it's possible. We just drag everything out so long and have this stupid "out/in policy" where we seem to wait until a player has been sold to replace him.

An efficient club gets all it's signings done by pre-season tour, week before first fixture at the latest, and does what it takes to do the deal. So often we don't do this. 

Milan under new owners and already they are doing incoming transfers better than us. 

It all seems so haphazard and last minute here, no plan, no preparation. 

16 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

I agree, wouldn't be surprising to see Conte go to Milan sooner rather than later.

Rumour today is they want Morata too. Couldn't be more of a Conte team if they tried. 

If he quits he has a clear escape route IMO.

1 hour ago, ripz said:

It'll be incredibly frustrating if Milan just pop up and seal Bonucci and Belotti like it was nothing, quick deals done without any fuss. I wonder what Conte would think about that, knowing he could've had both players quite easily.

Really? So you're completely dismissing the notion that Bonucci was never likely to leave Italy because of his family situation?

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Really? So you're completely dismissing the notion that Bonucci was never likely to leave Italy because of his family situation?

I believe Ripz meant that Antonio could have had both players easily had he taken the Milan manager's job.

7 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

An efficient club gets all it's signings done by pre-season tour, week before first fixture at the latest, and does what it takes to do the deal. So often we don't do this.

I am reassured that we're in good company then - United, City, Arsenal all on PS tours and all likely to do more business.

Could you list three 'efficient' clubs to match the three 'inefficient' ones I've listed here?

I think Bonucci wanted to stay in Italy for family reasons if he could. Juve charged Milan less than they would for a British club purely down to us having the TV money. Nothing we could do really.

Just now, BlueFizz said:

I am reassured that we're in good company then - United, City, Arsenal all on PS tours and all likely to do more business.

Could you list three 'efficient' clubs to match the three 'inefficient' ones I've listed here?

It's the typical JP hyperbole we get every year at this time of the season... club is a joke, board are a disgrace, can't blame [insert name of current manager here] if he walks away, just pay the money, other clubs are better run, etc., etc., etc... ad nauseum.

Two things James;

1)  Much as I love Conte, and I do, if he is that hot-headed that he would blame the club for not getting a player who wants to stay in Italy for personal reasons then you make him seen a very unreasonable man.

2)  Please please please check the spelling of Aubameyang. It's becoming annoying.