Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,150 posts in this topic

Shouldn't it be get the players in first, assemble the squad completely first and then you start trimming and loaning out the excess. It seems like we are doing it in reverse.

Edited by Kezza

I do not like idea of Moses further forward as I really do not think he has the technical ability or end product to be one of the 2 AM's. 5th choice? sure but if he is 4th option that means he is first sub with Hazard out injured currently. Very happy with him at WB but if we want to seriously challenge on all fronts we need to sign another AM.

On Mahrez, surely if he joined and teams marked him out of the game then that would free up others such as Hazard and Cesc? Personally I think he would be a very good option as he would get more room in our team with the attention on our other stars.

Either way its only a positive as you cannot exactly double mark every single player on the pitch meaning someone somewhere is going to get space. I wouldn't be surprised if by December Cahill has been eased out of the team for one of Rudiger / Christensen on this point. He was fantastic for much of last season and scored some invaluable goals but there were certain games (Old Trafford especially) where teams just allowed Cahill the freedom of the pitch and swarmed the rest of our players.

Having technically skilled players all over the pitch will make us more adaptable and it should free up our match winners further up the pitch when our defenders are stronger on the ball.

Edited by samhoward17

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

SKY reporting Remy is off after the pre season tour .

Seems a high risk strategy then, allowing him to play a couple of games just before we sell him!

18 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Some fair points - but I have to say that I think our uninformed anxiety as fans, clouds our judgement. 

We've read rumours about Bakayoko for a while, read rumours he might go elsewhere etc - I think we overweight the validity of these rumours.

An alternative sequence of events is feasible -

1. We contacted Monaco about Bko some time ago

2. They confirmed a willingness to sell in a price range we felt reasonable

3. The player went on hols and was injured so no medical can be done for a while

4. Monaco, Chelsea, Player and agent agree to reconvene at later dates

5. It takes time for clubs to negotiate the fee and the payment structure

6. It takes time for agent/player and chelsea to agree terms too

7. Player achieves fitness level needed to take medical - does so and passes

8. Clubs finalise details

9. Player and chelsea do the same

10. Contracts are shared with legal reps, signed and approved.

And all of this happened at a pace agreed by all involved, the schedule determined by logic and circumstances (holidays, fitness, clubs busy doing other deals etc) not by panic or press rumours.

I think this possible; not sure you do.

Logic and common sense have no place in this forum! 😉

Conte watching the Wimbledon final.

51 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

10 years ago we just got deals done quickly. We paid the money, we got the player. And United and Madrid had money then as well. 

Now every single transfer is a saga. And last year we ended up waiting till deadline day to get players who weren't our first choice. They turned out well, but we can't do that every summer. 

How do we know our transfers of 10 years ago weren't a saga? Twitter was only formed in 2006 and the way the media has reported on transfers, and how us supporters follow these 'saga's', has changed a hell of a lot since then

Apparently Belotti does not feature in any of Torino's kit launch photos or videos... surely a sign he's off somewhere; but to us or Milan?

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Apparently Belotti does not feature in any of Torino's kit launch photos or videos... surely a sign he's off somewhere; but to us or Milan?

I doubt that means anything. Chalobah and Matic both were prominently in our kit launch photos and advertisements.