Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,150 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Costa swap for Aguero. Makes sense for both sides.

Why would Costa want to play for Man City but not Chelsea?  I thought he didn't like living in London so he would prefer manchester?

19 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Costa swap for Aguero. Makes sense for both sides.

That's not what the article says, though!

22 minutes ago, Kezza said:

I doubt that means anything. Chalobah and Matic both were prominently in our kit launch photos and advertisements.

Not in any I saw... certainly none with Matic. As for Chalobah, are you sure you're not confusing him with Batshuayi, who does feature? None with Costa, either.

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not in any I saw... certainly none with Matic. As for Chalobah, are you sure you're not confusing him with Batshuayi, who does feature? None with Costa, either.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-kit-launch-blues-unveil-new-home-and-away-kits-for-201718-a3577546.html

4 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Football about winning titles? That's rubbish. I'd say it's about achieving what you're capable of as a football club. For big clubs like us, yes, they means competing for and winning major titles. 

For a club like Burnley, success is a mid-table finish in the PL and maybe a cup run.

The reason Moyes did such a good job at Everton was that he had almost no budget yet managed to make them a consistent top 6 side. For them, especially given where they were when he took over - always fighting relegation - that was success. 

If success is winning titles then pretty much all but two or three teams will have failed every season. It's arrogant and unrealistic and ridiculous in my view.

For Chelsea, success is winning titles. For other clubs, it's something completely different.

Oh ffs James. 

Speed race in training between Willian, Pedro & Fabregas - guess who wins.

4 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Not lost on me, just that he is not of the quality that I would want in an AM role that requires a lot of minutes. There is a reason most thought he was gone up until his transformation - except for those that wanted him as a 5th choice AM to bulk the squad up. 

Quite. 

4 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Me too Bob. And winning frequently, but not all the time, is yet another example of the old adage "less is more" for me.

I'm sorry Pete but football is about winning. If it wasn't why bother keeping score? That some clubs have a better chance of winning than others doesn't mean the game isn't about winning. 

there's a reason why Real is seen as the biggest club in the world. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

SKY reporting Remy is off after the pre season tour .

Although I'd happily have him as S3, he does make Sturridge look like a gladiator. 

3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

One theory I've heard with Milan which is worrying - they've signed Kessie, Bonucci, Roridguez and possibly now Belotti. All of whom we were strongly linked with and Conte is said to like as players. They argument goes they are building a team for Conte and want him as their manager at some point in the future. 

Of course, it's only a theory and highly unlikely (and I don't believe it myself) but the fact is there is a long-term contract on the table for Conte here which he has STILL not signed, despite being back at Cobham for over a week with plenty of opportunity to sign it (and all the sceptic here said he would sign it when pre-season began, which he hasn't). He's clearly waiting to see how we do in the transfer market, what squad he has, before committing.

Don't worry James, we will have fired Conte long before he has the chance to walk away from the job. 

Signing a long-term deal means FA. It just means it's more expensive for us to sack him. 

2 hours ago, samhoward17 said:

I do not like idea of Moses further forward as I really do not think he has the technical ability or end product to be one of the 2 AM's. 5th choice? sure but if he is 4th option that means he is first sub with Hazard out injured currently. Very happy with him at WB but if we want to seriously challenge on all fronts we need to sign another AM.

Aguero rumour just arrives as Alexis says he wants to play CL football. Great timing. City will sign Sanchez and keep Aguero. Sanchez and Aguero will be their two strikers, Jesus is a winger naturally I think  but can also fill in at ST. They will have the best attack in the world if they bring in Alexis. We should go all out for Alexis. We need him far more than City do.