Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know most people think there is no chance of signing Aguero but I actually think there is. They have a huge squad and a lot of non home grown players. They still don't have a left back or a back up right back so that's possibly 3 more players they need that as it stands can't be non home grown. They also clearly want Sanchez. Something has to give and although players like Mangala or Fernando may be more obvious players to lose they are desperately short in areas that they play so can't really afford to lose them.

Also Sanchez is going to cost a fortune and although they are clearly not scared of spending big even they must have a limit.

Then there's the fact that they are already massively overloaded with forwards and Guardiola appeared to favour Jesus as his main forward last season, if they add Sanchez too then he will definitely start also.

Aguero himself will not want to sit on the bench, the club will probably not want someone of his worth sitting on the bench. Very few clubs could afford him. Barcelona and Madrid probably don't want him for different reasons so realistically I think it would only be us or PSG that he would go to.

As unlikely as it may seem I genuinely don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he could end up here.

Edited by Martin1905

Stranger things have happened. I never saw us signing Torres.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I think Auba is the best goal scorer but Belotti and Morata are suited to our style. Unless we change our system I worry about Auba a little owing to the amount of donkey work required. As for PL strikers the only two I would want are Kane and Arguero but both are highly unlikely putting it mildly. 

Kane for sure but you have a better chance of hell freezing over before Levi does business with us again and especially for one of their prized assets.

Aguero I just cannot see happening, it's just one of those things, his injuries are also a concern too. Great striker though.

Morata is at a club who think they have the rest of the footballing world under their thumb and are going to be impossible to deal with.

Belotti, ticks all the right boxes but again that buyout clause, nuff said.

Edited by kratos

This fella has a reputation for being fairly reliable.

Just makes no sense if we want him and Dortmund are willing to sell why we don't just buy him. They've put a price tag on him which is fairly reasonable in this market and they won't budge so it shouldn't be too hard a deal to make if we are genuinely interested.

Screenshot_20170716-202801.jpg

6 minutes ago, kratos said:

Kane for sure but you have a better chance of hell freezing over before Levi does business with us again and especially for one of their prized assets.

Aguero I just cannot see happening, it's just one of those things, his injuries are also a concern too. Great striker though.

Morata is at a club who think they have the rest of the footballing world under their thumb and are going to be impossible to deal with.

Belotti, ticks all the right boxes but again that buyout clause, nuff said.

For sure none of the strikers are going to be easy to sign or cheap - Kane I agree is absolutely impossible bar something totally insane - it is just for me out of the four linked - Kun, Auba, Belotti, Morata - Auba is probably the least best fit for our system. If he is brought maybe we will go two upfront.

3 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

For sure none of the strikers are going to be easy to sign or cheap - Kane I agree is absolutely impossible bar something totally insane - it is just for me out of the four linked - Kun, Auba, Belotti, Morata - Auba is probably the least best fit for our system. If he is brought maybe we will go two upfront.

Well all I can say is if Aguero is a possibility then he is the one I would personally go for, he's strong, technically gifted and can score from any angle. Seems crazy that Pep would even think of letting him go if this is true but he would need to be micro managed to help his injury issues.

At 28/29 he would not be long term but that would give us enough time say 3/4 years to compete and to eventually find a long term option to replace him.

I said it before I have a feeling we are in for Sanchez and he wants to come to us rather than City. None of the press are actually saying we have bid for any of the three available top class strikers just that we are interested. Plus it's eerily quiet regarding us and Sanchez when logically how can we not be interested in him. We must have approached a big player to fill the gaping Costa sized hole up front plus he could cover hazard with bats up front. The above points are heavily caveated by the fact the press haven't got a scooby what anyone is doing in reality and Pep and Alexis is an easy connection. Sanchez's own words were I believe 'I want to play in a winning team and stay living in the same great city'

How's everyone feeling about Michy being our No.1 striker this season....

Aguero is a phenomenal striker.

He has one major problem; he spends almost as much time injured as he does fit.

9 minutes ago, Dingus said:

How's everyone feeling about Michy being our No.1 striker this season....

Amazing isn't it.

People on here saying we are signing everyone from Sanchez, Aguero to Agabamyiang yet we may end up with Bats and Llorente up front in the Champions League!