Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Ham said:

http://dailym.ai/2uoLAAO

He might well have an issue with Conte but FFS have some respect for Chelsea fans. 

The sooner he's gone the better. 

Not impressed by that at all. I hope he gets lost asap.

7 hours ago, Ham said:

http://dailym.ai/2uoLAAO

He might well have an issue with Conte but FFS have some respect for Chelsea fans. 

The sooner he's gone the better. 

Doesn't do himself any favours, good footballer when he isn't too busy playing WWE, but a joke of a person.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

He did win 3 trophies.  And he clearly is praising Chelsea here.
Seriously you need to re-read what he has said and you have written.
You are coming over as so much a bitter guy after a girlfriend has left him.

"‘I think after the champions, Chelsea, I think Manchester United is the second most successful club last season and Arsenal the third. For me that’s absolutely clear". 
I'd agree.  So secretly would many Spurs fans.  PL champions > Europa > FA Cup  > PL 2nd place.  Yeah, what is wrong with that, and where is the insult to Chelsea?

As for the final quote you cut off half of it (it clearly makes no sense as you had it).  

‘To finish second, third or fourth is like being first, second and third of the last because there is only one winner.

Jose has left the building – Move On

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Jose has left the building – Move On

Exactly. This is the transfer talk thread.  Could these posts be put in the "I Love/Hate Jose, Discuss" thread please.

Edited by Sea foot

Disappointed with Costa, naturally, but not THAT surprised by these antics. 

We need to resolve this striker situation A.S.A.P.

We are Champions of England. We need to be respected as such...and exhibit and demand the professionalism to start acting like it

19 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I wonder if Hugh Jars will call you "pathetic" for pointing that out?

Nope, just you.

If I was Abramovich I'd be tempted to take the financial hit and allow Costa to rot in the reserves. He should be made to train with the kids, and fine him a weeks wages every time he doesn't turn up. The amount we'd get in fines might go some way to offsetting the loss.

Lets see how cocky Costa is after not playing a competitive game for two years.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:33 PM, My Blood Is Blue said:

Caballero, Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso, Willian, Batshuayi, Pedro

Which will most likely be the team that lines up against Burnley (Courtois the only change obviously). 

On 7/15/2017 at 10:52 PM, JezQ8 said:

2nd half starting team 

Eduardo; Kalas, David Luiz (c), Clarke-Salter; Tomori, Scott, Pasalic, Kenedy; Baker, Remy, Boga.

if that is our options for the season I will be concerned.

granted we are missing teebo, rudiger, hazard, bakayoko and Christensen

we definitely need more reinforcements: at least 2 wing backs a CM/AM and a striker is the bare minimum!

Yup, that 2nd half team just shows how gutted the squad is at the moment. Only one of those I can see sticking around is Kenedy and that's only because there aren't many suitors for him and we not be able to land an alternative LWB. 

On 7/15/2017 at 11:47 PM, Martin1905 said:

Leicester apparently want £30m for Mahrez. I know we've not been linked with him but for that price, in this market, I'd take him without hesitation.

Absolutely. No brainer.

On 7/15/2017 at 11:53 PM, Zoowraa said:

Looking so light on numbers we must surely be looking at Palasic in the squad. He seems to have done reasonably well in previous loans, he worked his way in at Milan in second half of season.

A couple of years back he was ahead of Bakayoko (similar ages) in the Monaco pecking order and many seem to rate him so highly. As it seems Matic is on his way and we stupidly agreed to Nat leaving, Palasic has to enter the equation as another option in centre mid.

Really doubt Pasalic is sticking around. Don't think he was ever meant for the first team. 

On 7/16/2017 at 2:08 AM, Conte Kante said:

I do not see Mahrez as an option as: 

1) His style does not really suit us as he is best in a no.10 role or when he was given lots of free room - case in point: compare 15/16 to 16/17 where defenders actually started to mark him.

2) In addition to being marked out of the game if he comes here he will be kicked out of it also with no protection from the ref. 

If we are to buy an AM we should be looking at a Perisic, Isco, Griezmann, Sanchez or Bernardeschi type player. 

Mahrez is a winger, don't think I've ever seen him play as a 10. He doesn't get marked out at Leicester, he gets doubled and triple teamed as he's their only source of creativity. He would get a lot of space here seeing as Hazard gets the Mahrez treatment for us. 

21 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Reports from Italy saying Belotti has agreed to join Milan. Looks like we weren't in for him.

So it's between Aubangyang and Morata now. Hoping we sign at least one if not both. We'd better get one of them, as I don't know any other top strikers available right now TBH. 

Yeah, Belotti seems Milan bound. Personally I don't think we're interested in Aubameyang. I think Dortmund want to sell but for whatever reason, we're not in for him. 

I think Morata's our first and possibly only choice. I think Madrid know that and will hold out for a fortune. It's worrying because I don't know who else we could target. We may have to settle for back ups. 

21 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Not lost on me, just that he is not of the quality that I would want in an AM role that requires a lot of minutes. There is a reason most thought he was gone up until his transformation - except for those that wanted him as a 5th choice AM to bulk the squad up. Additionally, if we apply such logic to the whole squad is there much point in getting a RWB as Dave can cover that as well as CB?

Agreed. Moses just doesn't have the quality for such an important role. It baffles me that another AM isn't the priority for most. We literally don't have another senior option on the bench for the start of the season. I dread to think what will happen if Pedro or Willian gets injured in the coming weeks. The fact that we would most likely have to change formation only proves what an issue it is. 

I know Conte wants Costa out, but to behave like he did is the ultimate in unprofessionalism. He's still a Chelsea player. Just reinforces my feeling that I don't want a character like him anywhere near my club. Selfish, played the victim to bully Chelsea into selling him to his preferred club, asked to leave numerous times, never plays a whole season and now this. He can jog on. 

Gazetta Della Sport have Morata (and Belotti) joining Milan. If Morata does go there after his comments about Conte and wanting to work with him, this leads me to some conclusions:

First, that Conte never wanted Morata in the first place (if Conte wanted him then I think we'd have got him, as he wanted to work with Conte).

Second, that Milan, with the players they've got and especially if they get Morata and Belotti, are going to try and tempt Conte at some point in the future (at the very least he has a job waiting for him IMO).

Third, that Aubameyang and Aguero are clearly our main striking targets now. I hope we get both, but one of the two would be great.

Would just about be willing to see the club make Costa rot in the reserves and honour the remaining time on his contract. See how he likes those apples. 

3 people like this