Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Would just about be willing to see the club make Costa rot in the reserves and honour the remaining time on his contract. See how he likes those apples. 

Doesn't look like it'd diminish his value. 20m is peanuts... His contract keeps him here till the end of the 2019 season too. 

16 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Would just about be willing to see the club make Costa rot in the reserves and honour the remaining time on his contract. See how he likes those apples. 

agreed, conte has been made to look the bad guy in textgate but without seeing the whole conversation we can't really know what or who provoked it. Costa released only the bit that suits his agenda

Looking at Costas behaviour I tend to agree, he is limiting where we can sell him and therefore what we can get so make him see out his contract.

28 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Third, that Aubameyang and Aguero are clearly our main striking targets now. I hope we get both, but one of the two would be great.

James – have you been with those rocking horse people eating marshmallow pies again?

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Third, that Aubameyang and Aguero are clearly our main striking targets now. I hope we get both, but one of the two would be great.

I can't agree that anything is clear and the Aguero rumour is an absolute joke. Up there with any rumour linking us with Pele should the Brazilian wish to make a belated come back. I've probably read as much as you from the same places, do you really think it's clear Aguero is a target? I just don't see the clarity.

Edited by Hugh Jars 99

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

James – have you been with those rocking horse people eating marshmallow pies again?

Sky, who are pretty reliable, said yesterday we have four striking targets. Aubameyang is the main one, with Morata, Belotti and "an unnamed Premier League striker" (to directly quote Sky). Coincidentally, the same day a reliable Spanish reporter says we want Aguero and Pep has already sanctioned it.  Who else would it be? No way would it be Kane, and he's the only other Prem striker of sufficient class who's available. 

So I'd say we're in for Auba and/or Aguero. Auba would be favourite for me right now though.

Edited by James Prescott

I don't think we're favourites for ANY striker at this present moment in time.

6 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Sky, who are pretty reliable, said yesterday we have four striking targets. Aubameyang is the main one, with Morata, Belotti and "an unnamed Premier League striker" (to directly quote Sky). Coincidentally, the same day a reliable Spanish reporter says we want Aguero and Pep has already sanctioned it.  Who else would it be? No way would it be Kane, and he's the only other Prem striker of sufficient class who's available. 

So I'd say we're in for Auba and/or Aguero. Auba would be favourite for me right now though.

So, rather than providing specific details for a specific target, they're merely casting their net across every potential option in the hope of catching something. 

The reality is, Sky and everyone else knows sweet fa regarding who we're targeting at CF. First it was Lukaku, then it was Morata, then Belotti, then Lukaku again, then Morata, then Aubameyang, then Lukaku was sold, then it was Morata, then he's joining Milan, so it's now definitely Aubameyang, then Belotti wasn't in Torino's kit launch, then Aguero has entered the fold, and the circus continues.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

‘To finish second, third or fourth is like being first, second and third of the last because there is only one winner.

Still better than finishing 5th of the last

25 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I think four 'targets' actually constitutes a list.

Do you not consider the possibility that -

- everyone generally concludes that Chelsea are after a striker (although I'm not sure the club has stated this - but let's assume it's true)

- no one knows who we are actually pursuing/talking to/negotiating with

- therefore everyone (including Sky) is making a list of all the strikers they can think of who we might be after

- sharing it and calling the players on it 'targets

The reality is - anyone can do this: Sky, a sports journo on Twitter, me, you, my mum etc.

29 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Just for the record James, in your interminable pronouncements on our transfer rumours you have now stated unequivocally that the following are "reliable":

Matt Law, the Evening Standard and now, Sky for goodness sake. To this list we can also add another News International organ, The Times. Oh and then there's the Telegraph too.

You can perhaps see then why many others see you as swallowing every thing you come across?