• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BlueFizz   
12 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Sky have absolutely no clue who we're in for. They're a bit of a joke really. 

Agree - see my earlier point

The notion of how one grades unreliable sources is interesting

Are they all equally unreliable?
Are some more unreliable than others?
If so, are those less unreliable ergo more 'reliable'?

Prescott (various publications 2017) argues that this is the case

Others (inc. A Blue Essien, Bluefizz) content that 'the concept of unreliability does not include within it the possibility of reliability, which is a different concept)

I may write a white paper on the question and share it

15 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Just for the record James, in your interminable pronouncements on our transfer rumours you have now stated unequivocally that the following are "reliable":

Matt Law, the Evening Standard and now, Sky for goodness sake. To this list we can also add another News International organ, The Times. Oh and then there's the Telegraph too.

You can perhaps see then why many others see you as swallowing every thing you come across?

I don't swallow everything I come across, at all. I never believe The Sun, Star, Express or even The Mail. There's a lot of dodgy sources out there I don't believe.

Matt Law, Sky, Simon Johnson of the Standard, and the broadsheets are usually pretty reliable however. Those are the ones I believe - and they were right about Lukaku going to United, weren't they? They called the bid a full 2-3 days before it became official. 

Jim White exclusive on Talksport.

In Chelsea’s continuing search to replace Costa, the club are promoting Fran Kirby to the senior squad for the tour of the far east

• Like 1

BlueFizz   

6 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Jim White exclusive on Talksport.

In Chelsea’s continuing search to replace Costa, the club are promoting Fran Kirby to the senior squad for the tour of the far east

Interesting...

Fran Kirby is a near anagram of Aky Ranfib - EMEA young player of the year and highly rated CF with AFC Messina

Could it be code

Jim White is usually reliable and I once saw him doing the Daily Express Quick Crossword at a youth game

Sky and their 'sauces' have become as and as any tabloid newspaper out there. They are shocking and ridiculously unreliable.

The BBC on the other hand don't tend to put things up unless it's actually happening. Whenever they put up a story it's normally because it's happening.

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Sky, who are pretty reliable, said yesterday we have four striking targets. Aubameyang is the main one, with Morata, Belotti and "an unnamed Premier League striker" (to directly quote Sky). Coincidentally, the same day a reliable Spanish reporter says we want Aguero and Pep has already sanctioned it.  Who else would it be? No way would it be Kane, and he's the only other Prem striker of sufficient class who's available. 

So I'd say we're in for Auba and/or Aguero. Auba would be favourite for me right now though.

You've mentioned it many times before James - Fernando Llorente is much more likely that Sergio Aguero.

12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Sky and their 'sauces' have become as and as any tabloid newspaper out there. They are shocking and ridiculously unreliable.

The BBC on the other hand don't tend to put things up unless it's actually happening. Whenever they put up a story it's normally because it's happening.

Its a ploy to get the gulliable to put bets on Sky Bet and to increase ratings.

37 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Agree - see my earlier point

The notion of how one grades unreliable sources is interesting

Are they all equally unreliable?
Are some more unreliable than others?
If so, are those less unreliable ergo more 'reliable'?

Prescott (various publications 2017) argues that this is the case

Others (inc. A Blue Essien, Bluefizz) content that 'the concept of unreliability does not include within it the possibility of reliability, which is a different concept)

I may write a white paper on the question and share it

Sounds really good Blue. Do send me a copy when you've finished please.

37 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I don't swallow everything I come across, at all. I never believe The Sun, Star, Express or even The Mail. There's a lot of dodgy sources out there I don't believe.

Matt Law, Sky, Simon Johnson of the Standard, and the broadsheets are usually pretty reliable however. Those are the ones I believe - and they were right about Lukaku going to United, weren't they? They called the bid a full 2-3 days before it became official. 

What do you mean "even" the Mail James. Far from being a surprise inclusion, they're the worst scumbags of the lot.