Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

On 14/07/2017 at 6:02 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

I'm sorry Hugh but the situations are not the same whatsoever. 

I must ask if you read my post properly? KDB, Lukaku AND Mourinho have all confirmed with direct quotes on video (where those quotes can be read by a simple google search) that it was the players who asked to leave because they wanted guaranteed first choice status at the club. 

When such quotes are available from Ake and Chalobah you'll have a point.

Until then, I'll stick with facts over your opinion. 

I am not disputing this Dave. I am saying that Ake and Chalobah ALSO have said they wanted to leave instead of the club ousting them. Chalobah especially vocal despite the fact he has been at Chelsea since childhood and despite the reported new contract offered to him earlier this year. New contract but no guarantee for more game time. With a simple Google search, you'll find multiple references to the new contract.

With the World Cup next year BOTH Nate's obviously want to make a push for their respective national squads, I don't blame either of them for wanting to move for first team football. This is the same as the Belgian kids, I can't understand the difference you're trying to make just because JM said something but Conte hasn't. 

My dog who in the past has picked a WC runner up and so therefore a pretty good source by my account just put his nose on a picture of Aguero. Make of it what you will but I am off down the bookies.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I know Conte wants Costa out, but to behave like he did is the ultimate in unprofessionalism. He's still a Chelsea player. Just reinforces my feeling that I don't want a character like him anywhere near my club. Selfish, played the victim to bully Chelsea into selling him to his preferred club, asked to leave numerous times, never plays a whole season and now this. He can jog on. 

Gazetta Della Sport have Morata (and Belotti) joining Milan. If Morata does go there after his comments about Conte and wanting to work with him, this leads me to some conclusions:

First, that Conte never wanted Morata in the first place (if Conte wanted him then I think we'd have got him, as he wanted to work with Conte).

Second, that Milan, with the players they've got and especially if they get Morata and Belotti, are going to try and tempt Conte at some point in the future (at the very least he has a job waiting for him IMO).

Third, that Aubameyang and Aguero are clearly our main striking targets now. I hope we get both, but one of the two would be great.

1. Not sure how you reached that conclusion. It's not enough for our manager to want a player for it to happen. There's literally tonnes of reasons why a player Conte wants doesn't end up here. 

2. As I stated previously, Milan wanting Conte at some stage is hardly groundbreaking stuff. He'll be gone from here within 1-3 seasons max and then he'll likely go back to Italy. At that stage I'd imagine there's three potential clubs. 

3. I wouldn't say clearly. It's all rumours for now. So far the media hasn't got a scooby of who we really are targeting for our new striker. 

Sounds like a 'reliable' source to me.

Does anyone on here have access to a lobster, octopus or squid - traditionally, they are also good at choosing winners and losers in football - hold up pics of players to tank, see which one they try to pinch.

Never fails.

2 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

My dog who in the past has picked a WC runner up and so therefore a pretty good source by my account just put his nose on a picture of Aguero. Make of it what you will but I am off down the bookies.

Shame Paul the octopus isn't still about then we could put this matter to bed!

1 minute ago, BlueFizz said:

Sounds like a 'reliable' source to me.

Does anyone on here have access to a lobster, octopus or squid - traditionally, they are also good at choosing winners and losers in football - hold up pics of players to tank, see which one they try to pinch.

Never fails.

I am sure James has access, I have seen him quote them before

4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I am sure James has access, I have seen him quote them before

So, a dog, a crustacean and Sky Sports are all listing us as having a minimum of six targets - including Aguero, who the dog actually tips to join us!

If that's not 'reliable' what is?

2 hours ago, Curtis Brand said:

Doesn't look like it'd diminish his value. 20m is peanuts... His contract keeps him here till the end of the 2019 season too. 

It's tempting to let him rot in the reserves but unfortunately £20m isn't something we can just give up. Add another £20m in salaries for two seasons and it would cost us £40m just to stick to principle. Add Costa mouthing off to the media at every given opportunity and I can conclude that we're better off giving him away for free than to keep him. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

So, rather than providing specific details for a specific target, they're merely casting their net across every potential option in the hope of catching something. 

The reality is, Sky and everyone else knows sweet fa regarding who we're targeting at CF. First it was Lukaku, then it was Morata, then Belotti, then Lukaku again, then Morata, then Aubameyang, then Lukaku was sold, then it was Morata, then he's joining Milan, so it's now definitely Aubameyang, then Belotti wasn't in Torino's kit launch, then Aguero has entered the fold, and the circus continues.

Exactly. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we signed a striker we haven't even been linked to. 

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

I am not disputing this Dave. I am saying that Ake and Chalobah ALSO have said they wanted to leave instead of the club ousting them. Chalobah especially vocal despite the fact he has been at Chelsea since childhood and despite the reported new contract offered to him earlier this year. New contract but no guarantee for more game time. With a simple Google search, you'll find multiple references to the new contract.

With the World Cup next year BOTH Nate's obviously want to make a push for their respective national squads, I don't blame either of them for wanting to move for first team football. This is the same as the Belgian kids, I can't understand the difference you're trying to make just because JM said something but Conte hasn't. 

I'm not disputing that what you say may be the case. 

I'm saying I'll wait to draw that conclusion until the players (or Conte) has confirmed that's how it is. 

14 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Exactly. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we signed a striker we haven't even been linked to. 

I'd be a bit surprised to find there is a striker we haven't been linked to yet, let alone us buying him  :)

Or at least not many.  Kane and Josh King (and Ibra of course), Benteke, Vardy, Giroud, Sam Vokes and Troy Deeney are the PL names I think.  + Costa too!