Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,414 posts in this topic

If you were Pep Guardiola , hurting from being found out last season, a quick and easy way to disrupt our season is to sell us Aguero.

Aguero? Yep , no problem.

Just a couple of things to iron out .

Nearly there.

Just a few more tiny things

Almost

Just this last thing 

Ooh so nearly there.

C'mon you're so close 

Nearly

Almost

Just about......

Oh no ! Out of time , maybe in January.

7 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I think the Higuain and Aguero links are a smokescreen. Can't make it obvious to any club (like Dortmund) that we lack options. We need to maintain leverage.

The whole world knows we lack options though. Which is why if you're a striker, you're going to be linked to us at some point.

38 minutes ago, chelsian2015 said:

Good news everyone, thanks to Dr. B I Just fed my anger monkey a banana, and feeling very positive today. 

The hunt for a good striker is getting very limited by now and Huguain is next on our list, I can imagine our offers might be placed in parallel, but was he on our priority list or is that a sign that we're not getting our favorites?

14 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I think the Higuain and Aguero links are a smokescreen. Can't make it obvious to any club (like Dortmund) that we lack options. We need to maintain leverage.

Both of these observations are based on the assumption (wrong I think) that the list assigned to us by the media is our list. 

I don't believe for a moment we're in multiple discussions for every striker the media care to link us with.

I don't believe 'Higuan' or 'Aguero' rumours emanate from club - the come from the media

All those negative qualities often assigned to the club - 'clueless' 'amateur' 'unprofessional' 'desperate' etc...

... they apply to the press, guys! Not necessarily to us.

Surely we are only looking at Aubameyang.  A prolific striker in the form of his life who is available for a relatively reasonable fee at a time when we require precisely that. 

Everything else is BS. 

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If you were Pep Guardiola , hurting from being found out last season, a quick and easy way to disrupt our season is to sell us Aguero.

Aguero? Yep , no problem.

Just a couple of things to iron out .

Nearly there.

Just a few more tiny things

Almost

Just this last thing 

Ooh so nearly there.

C'mon you're so close 

Nearly

Almost

Just about......

Oh no ! Out of time , maybe in January.

Could see that happening, and us falling face first into it. Aguero is a world class striker no doubt about it, and him coming here wins us the league, which is why I just can't see Pep letting it happen.

I'm just surprised that we haven't got anyone in, we start in 4 weeks time, it seems just like yesterday that I was thinking James is jumping the gun with 7 weeks left; he has proved me wrong. I know the window closes at the end of next month, but do we really want to go into a season where the whole team will face much more games with a striker who doesn't know his teammates. I'd prefer them to have a pre-season, but maybe our plans have been thrown out the window - as Lukaku was supposed to be having his pre-season with us?...maybe, maybe not, who knows.

Out of everyone we are being linked with, I'd take Aguero first, but realistically we should be going all out for both Belotti and Aubameyang, best of world's in power, speed and clinical finishing.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. We have no striker, we are being linked with strikers but no deals look to be being completed anytime soon. Yet there are still other areas of the team that need to be addressed - RWB, LWB, AM - all these positions need to be addressed asap, and also CM if Matic is leaving.

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

Surely we are only looking at Aubameyang.  A prolific striker in the form of his life who is available for a relatively reasonable fee at a time when we require precisely that. 

Everything else is BS. 

I think we will need 3 strikers next season, my realistic choices would be Bats, Belotti and Aubameyang. That way we can switch between 343 and 352 depending on the opposition, without using players out of position.

Sky in Germany say Aubameyang prefers Milan. But Milan seem to have agreed a deal with Morata. So would they then go for Belotti and Aubameyang? 

Probably not.

So I am still confident we'll get one of those three. 

Aguero to me is a pipe dream. No way City will sell to us, and I am sure we won't be pinning our hopes on him.

I do think it's the height of incompetence to go into our pre-season tour with only 12 outfield players. That shows a lack of planning and inability to get deals done.

Its poor from the club. Our season proper starts in two or three weeks. We need about 3/4 deals done before then if possible.

But given how long we seem to take to close most deals, fat chance. I hope I am proved wrong.

10 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

We need about 3/4 deals done before then if possible.

But given how long we seem to take to close most deals, fat chance. I hope I am proved wrong.

It has to happen, there is no other choice. We dont currently have a match day squad unless we fill it with goalkeepers and youth players.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It has to happen, there is no other choice. We dont currently have a match day squad unless we fill it with goalkeepers and youth players.

Yep. Mail reported accurately that we literally have 17 first team players on our books right now. Including 5 keepers, Remy, and some former academy players back from loan. 

The season starts in 2/3 weeks. As in, 14-21 days. 

Useless. We look totally exposed. 

Edited by James Prescott

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Sky in Germany say Aubameyang prefers Milan. But Milan seem to have agreed a deal with Morata. So would they then go for Belotti and Aubameyang? 

Probably not.

So I am still confident we'll get one of those three. 

Aguero to me is a pipe dream. No way City will sell to us, and I am sure we won't be pinning our hopes on him.

I do think it's the height of incompetence to go into our pre-season tour with only 12 outfield players. That shows a lack of planning and inability to get deals done.

Its poor from the club. Our season proper starts in two or three weeks. We need about 3/4 deals done before then if possible.

James

why do we want a chity reject. 

Also if aubameyang wants Italy let him go there. 

Want players who play for the shirt not a mercenaries who don't have anywhere else to go.