• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

DLU   

One of my grievances with Mourinho is his reluctance to change his mind on a player, he puts them into a box and keeps them there. He has decided De Bruyne is an attacking midfielder and not good enough for a regular place in the starting line up.

I'm sure De Bruyne would prove his worth if he was played in midfield for a number of games. I would rather we play De Bruyne in midfield than spend another £15 million on a stop-gap, although I do rate Guarin.

Mourinho isn't willing to give the young players a chance. McEachran has disappeared into oblivion, such a waste of talent. Loaning prospects to Championship clubs isn't a good idea. They need to gain experience playing for Chelsea.

So if they aren't good enough to make the first team for a championship side, we should bring them back and play them in our first team..is it this what you are saying?

Edited by DLU

Zoowraa   

So if they aren't good enough to make the first team for a championship side, we should bring them back and play them in our first team..is it this what you are saying?

There is an argument that a player like Mceachran would suit the Premier League far more than the Championship. The ball is on the ground more in the PL than in the championship, the premier league is also less physical and a little slower in pace. The ball goes from back to front much quicker in the Championship.

So it is not always a case of if he cannot get into the Watford team, why would he offer Chelsea anything.

I remember watching Carrick in the Championship, he has never really changed as a player but more than holds his own in the Premier League. The year he had in the Championship he just blended into looking like every other player in that league.

Edited by Zoowraa

The personal opinion of a manager doesn't equate to the gospel truth on a player. There are many different factors which influence the managers decision and there is also the possibility the manager in question is wrong. Ancelotti sold Zola because he didn't fit into his 4 4 2 formation, he came to Chelsea and the rest is history. There are many examples for this.

We sold Matic and Sturridge because they were deemed not good enough. Both have proven to be bad decisions.

A player might excel in the Championship and not be able to translate that into the Premier League and vice versa, it's not an indication for whether the player is good enough for Chelsea as they are two completely different leagues, clubs, styles of play etc.

My personal opinion is that McEachran is good enough in terms of his natural passing ability but I doubt he will ever be given the chance to prove it. By the way, McEachran usually impressed in his rare appearances for Chelsea.

There is an argument that a player like Mceachran would suit the Premier League far more than the Championship. The ball is on the ground more in the PL than in the championship, the premier league is also less physical and a little slower in pace. The ball goes from front to back much quicker in the Championship.

So it is not always a case of if he cannot get into the Watford team, why would he offer Chelsea anything.

very very interesting point... my question about McEachran is what does he offer that Van Ginkel doesn't? They seem very similar players, although to be fair I've seen a lot more of Josh than MvG.

I feel it's crucial to have a variety of players to play in the pivot, which we do - Mikel, Ramires, Lampard all approach the pivot role in very very different ways and if Josh can offer something different then I'd like to see him given a chance in January, even if it was just a few FA cup games and last 15 mins of a 2-0 win against Fulham.

very very interesting point... my question about McEachran is what does he offer that Van Ginkel doesn't? They seem very similar players, although to be fair I've seen a lot more of Josh than MvG.

I feel it's crucial to have a variety of players to play in the pivot, which we do - Mikel, Ramires, Lampard all approach the pivot role in very very different ways and if Josh can offer something different then I'd like to see him given a chance in January, even if it was just a few FA cup games and last 15 mins of a 2-0 win against Fulham.

I don't think they are similar at all. McEachran is a superior passer, more of a deep-lying playmaker, whereas Van Ginkel is more of an athletic box-to-box midfielder.

DLU   

There is an argument that a player like Mceachran would suit the Premier League far more than the Championship. The ball is on the ground more in the PL than in the championship, the premier league is also less physical and a little slower in pace. The ball goes from back to front much quicker in the Championship.

I remember watching Carrick in the Championship, he has never really changed as a player but more than holds his own in the Premier League. The year he had in the Championship he just blended into looking like every other player in that league.

He was a starter for Middlesborough though, so it's not because of the league. Must be another reason, maybe an injury?

Zoowraa   

He was a starter for Middlesborough though, so it's not because of the league. Must be another reason, maybe an injury?

Could be anything, could be not good enough in reality.Guess time will tell.

I quite like him and would like to see him playing in the Premiership for someone. I believe he did well at boro and had some good reviews.

Its also a difficult league for a young kid playing Tuesday / Saturday every week against fully grown men.

I for one am not ending his Chelsea career before it has started, he has something in his game which should see him suceed at a high level. He also seems quite a grounded young lad.

Edited by Zoowraa

paulw66   

I'm actually pretty optimistic about Essien, ridiculous backpass aside he's been decent for the most part and will get sharper with games. Van Ginkel I feel was earmarked to rotate often in our side, was talked up a lot by Mourinho prior to his injury.

I could not disagree more about Essien. I went to the game on Saturday and it was horrible to watch what was such a great player look so immobile. If he was a horse, a doctor would have ran on with a needle.

As for signing a stop gap - if Essien is moved to one side (dont forget JM didn't select him in the CL squad) then Guarin fits that role nicely. And to look at it another way, I personally feel the league could be won this season, and if filling a hole, even in the short term makes that difference, then we should grab it. It genuinely could be the difference between 1st or 2nd

your earlier examples of Mourinho stop gaps (Parker aside who was signed by Ranieri) most of them won PL medals. They might not looked to have done much from the outside but they allowed JM to rotate during the hectic schedule, particularly in the run in when fatigue, injuries and suspension are rife.

DLU   

I was there as well on Saturday and Essien was the worst player in our team in my opinion. He was so sluggish and lacked precision on all ends

life   

to be honest its not over for josh, he is still 20 years old...sturridge was a youth player then at city barely getting a sniff,

matic was playing in mfk kosice and wasnt really rated,

ramires was in cruzeiro, lots of people didn't see what was special about him

yaya toure was in metalurh donetsk not really impressing.

its not really over for josh, the talent on the ball is still there, and its greater than most young midfielders at that age, he just needs a bredan rodgers or martinez type coach who will trust in his abilities and use him, I understand frustrations but I don't think he is done just yet..he can still be a valuable squad member

his technique and close ball control is the reason the club are still holding on despite his form etc, you don't throw talent like that away..

if cleverly who is very poor, can make it, josh can

we will probably find him a PL club on loan next season though..purely for games

I hear southampton want josh permanently, not sure how true this is..

Edited by life