• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

to be honest its not over for josh, he is still 20 years old...sturridge was a youth player then at city barely getting a sniff,

matic was playing in mfk kosice and wasnt really rated,

ramires was in cruzeiro, lots of people didn't see what was special about him

yaya toure was in metalurh donetsk not really impressing.

its not really over for josh, the talent on the ball is still there, and its greater than most young midfielders at that age, he just needs a bredan rodgers or martinez type coach who will trust in his abilities and use him, I understand frustrations but I don't think he is done just yet..he can still be a valuable squad member

his technique and close ball control is the reason the club are still holding on despite his form etc, you don't throw talent like that away..

if cleverly who is very poor, can make it, josh can

we will probably find him a PL club on loan next season though..purely for games

I hear southampton want josh permanently, not sure how true this is..

Using Cleverly is a bad example, we should not aspire to have an inadequate homegrown player in our midfield just because United have.

life   

I could not disagree more about Essien. I went to the game on Saturday and it was horrible to watch what was such a great player look so immobile. If he was a horse, a doctor would have ran on with a needle.

As for signing a stop gap - if Essien is moved to one side (dont forget JM didn't select him in the CL squad) then Guarin fits that role nicely. And to look at it another way, I personally feel the league could be won this season, and if filling a hole, even in the short term makes that difference, then we should grab it. It genuinely could be the difference between 1st or 2nd

your earlier examples of Mourinho stop gaps (Parker aside who was signed by Ranieri) most of them won PL medals. They might not looked to have done much from the outside but they allowed JM to rotate during the hectic schedule, particularly in the run in when fatigue, injuries and suspension are rife.

If we can just get a little but of output from eto, torres and ba, we can

eto and torres have only 2 goals each and ba has 1, If all even had 4 goals each, I think we would've been 4 points ahead of arsenal by now,

westbrom, stoke and everton game comes to mind..

we really should have beaten everton and stoke especially

we need the extra output, but I am nit sure if we can get it, for all you know this is the best we can get out of them...

It will be a disgrace for city, arsenal to allow us to win the league without top strikers though, If city really want the league they can take it..I am sure of that

Flinkers   

yeah you're absolutely right to do that,

the thing is do you see us going for another midfielder in the summer though?

because if guarin does come and essein and Lampard do leave in the summer

this will leave us with: ramires, guarin, mikel, van ginkel, romeu, josh..

considering that for a majority of games we have only used, mikel, ramires and Lampard, that CM squad will be adequate

In my mind Romeu and Essien are goners in summer, McEachran won't make it and Lampard might also go. I think we'll be 3 short in midfield next summer.

life   

Using Cleverly is a bad example, we should not aspire to have an inadequate homegrown player in our midfield just because United have.

josh's ability on the ball is not average though, its better than that, get him experience and we have top class squad player,

If cleverly can make it to the title holders, I am pretty sure josh can make it with us

there is nothing wrong with that.

to be honest its not over for josh, he is still 20 years old...sturridge was a youth player then at city barely getting a sniff,

matic was playing in mfk kosice and wasnt really rated,..

True about Josh - but Sturridge was already at Chelsea at 20 on biggish money. And Matic still isn't rated except by his agent.

Where were Xavi and Inniesta at 20? I don't think they stood out at that age. My point is that you have to give talented prospects an opportunity to prove they are good enough before you sell, not on loan but at Chelsea.

life   

In my mind Romeu and Essien are goners in summer, McEachran won't make it and Lampard might also go. I think we'll be 3 short in midfield next summer.

lol, I thought romeu was a goner too, till the club went and told him he is special because he is one of the few players who play like he does...

Imo josh will be sent on loan again

but still leaves us with, ramires, guarin(if he comes), mikel and van ginkel

looking at the fact that only mikel, lamps and ramires have featured in almost everygame, with essein playing 2 games in the league and 2 in league cup, and if van ginkel was fit, I doubt essein would have even played, or Lampard wouldve gotten this many games.

I am not sure we will go out and get 3 more senior players for 2 spots, that will mean we will have 7 cms for 2 spots with only an absolute maximum of 4 playing,

if we do not buy 3 cm's and just bring romeu back, I think that will be wise financially, + he will get some game time, especially when we need to mark a player out of the game..

it'll leave us with 5cm's, just like we have this season..if romeu goes out on loan again, then we might see an addition.

but this is chelsea, you never know what we will do

Edited by life

life   

True about Josh - but Sturridge was already at Chelsea at 20 on biggish money. And Matic still isn't rated except by his agent.

yeah, we really liked sturridges talent, a shame he was stuck playing in reserves, with about 4 fa cup games on his belt, lots of people said and still think sturridge is not good enough for us.

but thats what I mean with josh, we like his talent so I am not sure its over, and he can still make it.

and lol with the matic comment..

Edited by life

yeah, we really liked sturridges talent, a shame he was stuck playing in reserves, with about 4 fa cup games on his belt, lots of people said and still think sturridge is not good enough for us.

So yes he wasn't at City - is that what you are trying to admit?

todongo   

Has Josh been eating real food and gaining mass lately? Talented player. Rodgers probably keeping an eye on him.