Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,351 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

No - I've never understood that - made no sense - especially after we all saw in 15/16 that he has a much better player on the bench (or not even benched).  Or in 16/17 when we saw Fabregas was as effective defensively as Matic.  
Makes no sense now to anyone.  Made no sense from the day Matic returned.

I'm assuming you agree with me on that.

Why does  the "best manager in the world" want him?

You forgot to answer the only thing he asked.

If Jim White says £70m one more time I'm driving to the studio .

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If Jim White says £70m one more time I'm driving to the studio .

It's £58 million initial fee, going up to £70 million with add ons. Pretty much everywhere is reporting that including Sky. So it is, technically £70 million if you include add ons (which we'll most likely have to pay if he does well). 

Either way, it's a club record. At last, after 6 years, Torres is no longer our record signing.

15 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

It's £58 million initial fee, going up to £70 million with add ons. Pretty much everywhere is reporting that including Sky. So it is, technically £70 million if you include add ons (which we'll most likely have to pay if he does well). 

Either way, it's a club record. At last, after 6 years, Torres is no longer our record signing.

Technically it's £58 m , that idiot doesn't know what the add ons are or whether they'll ever be triggered.

He'll probably have to win the Champions league and Ballon D'or to trigger it.

Posted (edited)

£70m Morata and £75m Lukaku sounds a lot better to the Manc loving media than £58m Morata and £100m donkey.

Edited by Martin1905

2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

He's going nowhere. Roman simply won't sell. We don't need the money and won't have time to replace him. Roman is stubborn if he wants to keep a player. No way he goes this summer. 

Next year might be more difficult....I've said since the day he signed that one day Hazard will end up at Madrid. I'm sure it will happen at some point, but it will be when we choose, at a fee we set (like £120-130 million at least) - nothing less. And only once a replacement has already been signed. 

Not this summer. Hopefully never, but realistically, we have at least one or two more years.

At some point the draw of RM and Barca has to come to an end. Why do some players still see it as their objective. We need to arrive in the same place, I think we are slowly and I think they will slowly struggle for the following reasons.

• La Liga is not the best league, it certainly does not have the most competitive games
  • The tax breaks sport players are given can not last forever
  • Clubs supported by local councils is anti competitive
  • RM and Barca taking a disproportionate TV money is not logical
  • Eventually some of these tax evasion cases are going to be impossible for RM and Barca and their players to dodge

Yes, the names are big and are known all over the world but they really dont deserve it.

16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

£70m Morata and £75m Lukaku sounds a lot better to the Manc loving media than £58m Morata and £100m donkey.

Its amazing the press quote Morata at cost 58m with add ons but quote Lukaka only at cost 75m. Love is blind!