• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Where is Kenedy on everyone's squad lists?

Not included if his Arsenal cameo is anything to go by.

3Sphinx   

For anyone who watches Ligue 1 -  would Lucas Moura be a suitable target for our RW? I think it's likely he'll be on the move if Neymar goes to PSG.

Kezza   
46 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Not included if his Arsenal cameo is anything to go by.

His behavior and lack of respect on social media while on this tour ain't helping him either.

Yeah, not a fan of Kenedy. Out on loan as soon as we buy a LWB.

How about Boga (& Baker) as HG squad options this season? Boga did well today for sure. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

I don't understand we always feel the need to sign a 30+ year old striker every now and then. We can surely find better younger options even if just for backup. 

Always?

How many times in the last 20 years have we bought a striker over 30?

Can think of eto'o and..... Drogba II 

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

His behavior and lack of respect on social media while on this tour ain't helping him either.

Oh really, why what's he been doing?

GURJ SS   

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo.

CB: Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger, Christiensen, Kalas

RWB: Moses

LWB: Alonso

CM: Kante, Bakayoyo, Cesc, Pasalic, Baker

AM: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Boga

ST: Morata, Batshuayi, Remy

22 players.

In my opinion we need 1 LWB and 1 RWB, we need genuine challengers not just players who can cover the position incase of an emergency. That would give us 24 players. Apart from that I'm happy with the rest of it. We have a squad that will give us the option for 343 and 352. Pasalic is actually a very good player, and has great experience, also Baker is a great player to have in the squad. Boga is ready to step it up. Loic Remy, I think we should keep him, we will save money over the likes of Llorente who we don't even need. 352 gives us a combination of Morata or Bats with our 3 main AMs. 343 is a lone striker, who will either be Morata or Bats. The 3rd striker is simply a back up striker, and Loic Remy is fine for that role. I'd rather we take £50M and slap it on top of the other funds instead of going for a player who will last one season; we also have Tammy for next season, there is such a thing as overkill.

Regarding Lukaku:

His friend is quoted in the Mail as saying "...he just had one call from Antonio Conte. Manchester United came with three different contract offers and Chelsea did not present one."

So, we were not really interested. Conte probably called him so that, when questioned by a board member, he could say "yes, I have spoken with him... he is not the man for us. I want Morata."

kratos   
13 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo.

CB: Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger, Christiensen, Kalas

RWB: Moses

LWB: Alonso

CM: Kante, Bakayoyo, Cesc, Pasalic, Baker

AM: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Boga

ST: Morata, Batshuayi, Remy

22 players.

In my opinion we need 1 LWB and 1 RWB, we need genuine challengers not just players who can cover the position incase of an emergency. That would give us 24 players. Apart from that I'm happy with the rest of it. We have a squad that will give us the option for 343 and 352. Pasalic is actually a very good player, and has great experience, also Baker is a great player to have in the squad. Boga is ready to step it up. Loic Remy, I think we should keep him, we will save money over the likes of Llorente who we don't even need. 352 gives us a combination of Morata or Bats with our 3 main AMs. 343 is a lone striker, who will either be Morata or Bats. The 3rd striker is simply a back up striker, and Loic Remy is fine for that role. I'd rather we take £50M and slap it on top of the other funds instead of going for a player who will last one season; we also have Tammy for next season, there is such a thing as overkill.

I agree with you Gurj, Llorente at 32 for £30m makes no sense.

Depending on how they do, I hope the likes of Boga and Baker are not shipped out on loan for another year. Keep them here and see what they can really do. I understand that Conte has to get results but that type of pressure also can show you what a player is made of.

A second RWB and LWB to challenge our current 2 would be ideal but I cannot imagine it will cheap given City are spending £100m on two already.