• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

18 hours ago, synavm said:

I think he did well enough at Bournemouth, so at the prices doing the rounds (£9 Million I read) I think he is a really good punt.

You mean, until he got injured again, and had to head back to Arsenal? A good punt? Not with bad money, mate.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

You mean, until he got injured again, and had to head back to Arsenal? A good punt? Not with bad money, mate.

Feels like Falcao all over.... We can save a broken down heap that has fallen at one of our rivals, and besides "what's 9mil". 

Good to know that Conte is as concerned as he should be about the squad size. We have lost so many players over the last 12 months or so that even with the few signings we have made it is becoming increasingly difficult to expect a sustained push from this small squad in the 4 competitions we will be featuring in next season.

5 hours ago, ripz said:

being linked with 20yo Richarlison, striker/wide attacker u20 brazilian, £12m

So are Man Utd and Inter, apparently. Can't see it myself, tbh, particularly reading the reports that he's on the outer at Fluminense because they don't consider him a team player, apparently. And at a 'please take him' price of only 12 mill, it just doesn't smell right, does it?

BlueFizz   

Great interviews in the Telegraph and the Mail with Conte.

Very frank and open about everything from his family situation to Costagate.

What's reassuring on the squad size situation are the following, direct and attributed quotes:

“I have spoken with the club, they know this situation very well and we are trying to find the right solution.” (Telegraph)

And

‘We found the right view about the future of this club. I repeat, we are a great club but we are in a moment where we can’t make a mistake because it’s very dangerous. We don’t have a lot of space to make mistakes. We need to improve and increase our squad to be something important for the present, and also for our future.’ (Mail)

Despite the Conte v Chelsea crisis both articles try to keep alive, Conte is consistent across both articles. Coach & club know we need more players. Coach & club are dealing with it - but we need quality.

Well worth reading!

cii99mn1   
36 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Great interviews in the Telegraph and the Mail with Conte.

Very frank and open about everything from his family situation to Costagate.

What's reassuring on the squad size situation are the following, direct and attributed quotes:

“I have spoken with the club, they know this situation very well and we are trying to find the right solution.” (Telegraph)

And

‘We found the right view about the future of this club. I repeat, we are a great club but we are in a moment where we can’t make a mistake because it’s very dangerous. We don’t have a lot of space to make mistakes. We need to improve and increase our squad to be something important for the present, and also for our future.’ (Mail)

Despite the Conte v Chelsea crisis both articles try to keep alive, Conte is consistent across both articles. Coach & club know we need more players. Coach & club are dealing with it - but we need quality.

Well worth reading!

Also good that people get to read that Costa wasn't "fired by a text". Of course everyone involved, including rival clubs, knew since a long time Costa was gone. 

Kezza   

It's unimaginable how Costa kept playing even after being told he could leave. And Batshuayi not so much. Eeither way it could have really derailed our title bid last season. 

Conte says we have a squad of 16 without the goal keepers. 

I can only assume this

CB: Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger, Christiensen

RWB: Moses

LWB: Alonso

CM: Kante, Bakayoyo, Cesc,  

AM: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Masonda 

ST: Morata, Batshuayi

it means we stil need 2 wing backs, CM and a second/third CF.