Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

34,141 posts in this topic

I actually don't think we need anything at all now. I would give torres, ba and lukaku till Jan to show the three of them between them are good enough to challenge for a league title. If not, then would sell one and bring in another. People may say that there may not be anyone in the market come Jan, but I'm not really convinced there is anyone on the market now. Rooney is the closest and whether he is ACTUALLY a possiblility at a reasonable price is as clear as mud.

New Barca boss says they will reject all offers for Fabregas. Does this have an affect on the Rooney outcome or do you think Rooney has already played his last competitive game for the mancs?

The number 23 is your birthday?

Typical nonsensical transfer thread rubbish.

Yes. And yes.

New Barca boss says they will reject all offers for Fabregas. Does this have an affect on the Rooney outcome or do you think Rooney has already played his last competitive game for the mancs?

So United's stance is basically the same as Barca's. I bet it won't stop both of us bidding again though.

I'm going to miss that topic. But not quite as much as Kalou thread 1.0.

Prescott, get in here. I miss you already.

Haha, here mate. Not sure why the other one had to go, yes, a lot of BS in there, but that will happen here too won't it?

So United's stance is basically the same as Barca's. I bet it won't stop both of us bidding again though.

The situation from the players point of view is completely different though.

Still hopeful of Rooney, in last week of window. United have other targets and once they have them and Rooney has asked to leave then it will surely happen.

I have changed my opinion during pre-season about strikers. We don't actually need Rooney, with Lukaku as first choice and Ba, Schurrle and Torres around too.

But boy would it be good to get him. Would be a great signing for us.

The situation from the players point of view is completely different though.

True, I'm just saying we shouldn't take today's comments to mean that Fabregas won't be sold just like I don't believe Moyes when he says Rooney isn't for sale.

True, I'm just saying we shouldn't take today's comments to mean that Fabregas won't be sold just like I don't believe Moyes when he says Rooney isn't for sale.

To be honest I don't believe most things managers/press say when it comes to transfers. I am more inclined to believe Barca boss as Fabregas has never really said he's unhappy or wants to move, whereas Rooney has, although not exactly, admitted he doesn't want to stay.

Reports emerging in Spain that Real Madrid are very close to sign Geoffrey Kondogbia (I don't understand why to sign him when you just have signed Illarramendi). Just wait for the 'Khedira to Chelsea' rumours to start...