Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,351 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

I wouldn't exactly say that!

There was one poster here who, yesterday, claimed a friend at LCFC had told him Danny Drinkwater was on his way here.
We've had ONE Twitter user make the claim.
We've had JP claiming here that the Leicester Mercury are running the story (as I posted earlier, there is no such story on their web site and someone else Googled Drinkwater and Chelsea and said nothing came up)
Now we have another Twitter user repeating the first Twitter user's tweet.

It could be that Drinkwater does join us, but the above hardly constitutes "gathering pace"

Posted (edited)

Lol we will probably be locked in negotiations for drinkwater for the next 4 weeks. And then miss out on him.

Edited by kratos

3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I wouldn't exactly say that!

There was one poster here who, yesterday, claimed a friend at LCFC had told him Danny Drinkwater was on his way here.
We've had ONE Twitter user make the claim.
We've had JP claiming here that the Leicester Mercury are running the story (as I posted earlier, there is no such story on their web site and someone else Googled Drinkwater and Chelsea and said nothing came up)
Now we have another Twitter user repeating the first Twitter user's tweet.

It could be that Drinkwater does join us, but the above hardly constitutes "gathering pace"

Looked for some substance to indicate that it wasn't just the overactive imaginings of a keyboard troll...

Kinda dismissed it but now Sky picking up the story. Gives it an air of legitimacy...gathering pace from 99% likely bs to 98% ;)

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Managers and players say what they have to, kiss the badge because they think they should and in the end move when they want. Its all a show and there is no loyalty (few exceptions) anymore and we should just all accept it without being offended by it. We just have to hope when we are paying their money they are doing the best they can,

I agree, that the facts...

However, I fully expect Sky to romanticise the fiction...

A dedication...

2 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

I agree, that the facts...

However, I fully expect Sky to romanticise the fiction...

A dedication...

Nice one Fab

Twitter going crazy saying Drinkwater is a replacement for Matic.

No, Bakayoko was the replacement for Matic. Drinkwater is a replacement for Chalobah. I watched some videos of him last season, and although, yes, they were a YouTube compilation, he honestly didn't look as bad as some seem to be making out. 

He's a quality player, especially as fourth choice CM. Good enough to come in an do a job, and rotate, play in cups games. He's actually still only 27, so could be around for a while.

I suspect some will complain that "how have Chelsea come to this" - fact is we're building a squad, of players who fit certain roles. Not a team of galacticos.

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jose has described Matic as "loyal" , I remember during Mourinhos last season someone asking Matic why he looked so unhappy .

I believe that he said "you will find out one day "

I'm smelling a player rebellion against Jose and Matic sticking by him.

Interesting theory. 

He was also interested in Willian (which Willy did not do much to deny). Both strike me as the archetypical José players. Matic has looked rather glum ever since that fateful 2015-16 season. Maybe he also felt the club lacked ambition? Conte managed to convince him to stay - perhaps with the promise of being able to leave this summer? 

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Twitter going crazy saying Drinkwater is a replacement for Matic.

Twitter going crazy? Are we back to quote ITKs on Twitter James? I remember when you spent a whole summer claiming Twitter to be a realiable source. 

11 minutes ago, kratos said:

Lol we will probably be locked in negotiations for drinkwater for the next 4 weeks. And then miss out on him.

Scary, since the news about Sandro and Sanches doesn't look good, while we're waiting for the 3 players coming this week to sign. According to what we've seen so far, the Manchesters and Spurs have the better teams.

1 minute ago, chelsian2015 said:

Scary, since the news about Sandro and Sanches doesn't look good, while we're waiting for the 3 players coming this week to sign. 

So then, I guess that we'll find out who those players are, by the end of the week. The Sandro and Sanches  rumours keep going around and around, in typical transfer window fashion. I don't see what's 'scary' about any of that, tbh.

1 minute ago, chelsian2015 said:

According to what we've seen so far, the Manchesters and Spurs have the better teams.          

Many people here said the same thing last season. How'd that work out? 

Was Kante the last time we got our #1 target ?