Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,295 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, synavm said:

For me there should be three main targets right now - Alex Sandro, Blaise Matuidi and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. After that look at a third striker. Solanke would have been good for it. 

Again, you say that Solanke would have been good for it, but the boy wanted to play football and wasn't getting any assurances from the club that would be the case.

A third striker has to be one that is willing to sit on the bench most weeks and be ok with that.

12 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Agreed, if we never give players a fair chance we will never know if they are any good. Someone in the club ultimately made the decision and we can't blame the manager always as it seems the club decides who to buy and sell

But the "club" don't decide not to pick players, do they? Salah, Cuadrado among others never got a fair crack.

12 hours ago, Kezza said:

He would be better off as a basketball or a rugby coach.

Yup. What has he ever won in football?

11 hours ago, exiledblue said:

but that is the problem with our club, is it the manager or the club who buys and then ultimately loans or sells? Most are happy on here to say the club buys but if that is so why shouldn't we assume its also the club who sells

The manager picks the team though 

8 hours ago, James Prescott said:

By the way, I wouldn't put it past Chelsea to leak false info as part of transfer strategy - I am sure they did it with Morata and all those other strikers. 

But all that proves is the sources are reliable in terms of their link to the club. It's simply the club are using them for their own benefit to leak false info.

Which, in fact, is a genius move by the club.

If you believe the above, why do you let yourself get upset by every transfer rumour? Not a dig, but you often seem to find your own answers to what initially upset you. 

42 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Let's try not to forget that Azpilcueta can also play left back/wing back, and has done for Chelsea very successfully.

When? I can't think of a single game he has even played left wing back, which is an entirely different prospect to playing left back in a four. 

Posted (edited)

For ST3 , maybe just hang onto Remy for the season. He's out of contract next summer anyway. Its a question of keeping him fit.

Edited by Sciatika
fitness

Lot of chatter on other sites about possibility of signing Candreva at about £18m, reported on BBC gossip page a as daily mirror article.

He can cover several positions though almost 30.

Again, I really think Peter Crouch would make sense as an impact sub...

Better snap him up before Jose sticks him in his midfield 😁

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

But the "club" don't decide not to pick players, do they? Salah, Cuadrado among others never got a fair crack.

Surely that goes both ways no? 

I see a very staunch Conte supporter not critisicing Conte for what he criticises Mourinho for (it's not you). But when a manager knows he can get the sack after winning titles but enduring a bad run, chances are they'll pick the players that perform now and not the ones who might perform after a 6-12 month bedding in period. 

Salah was **** every time he took to the field for us. Ditto KDB and Cuadrado, They wanted games and hence moved on. Not too disimilar to what Conte has done with a whole host of players over the past season and now we have an extremely short squad but no one blames Conte - just the club. 

If Jose had been here he'd taken a lot of **** for the current situation. 

By the way, I understand why Conte has played his cards as he has. Much like I understood why Mourinho played his in the manner he did. A manager at Chelsea aren't afforded time to develop players - they need to perform instantly or the manager will play someone who does. 

55 minutes ago, jones said:

Reliable Simon Johnson reporting Milan are closing in on Costa for possibly 50mp. If we manage to get that much money for Costa, I'd be very impressed given the situation.

On that note: We have already been able to recoup so much money for two players our manager did not want (Matic and Oscar), that they actually funded two absolutely top-class talents in Bakayoko and Morata. In a very difficult market. Any way you look at it, the business our club is doing at the moment is extremely shrewd.

Costa for 50mp and Ake for 20mp is also funding a move for Alex Sandro. The fact that Costa has such few options, and that there seems to be such a massive difference in willingness to pay (24mp) between his two possible suitors Milan and Atletico, you could understand why the club are seeing out that situation before making gigantic bids for other players. Whether you have 25mp more to spend or not makes a difference, of course. If you pull off a great sale, perhaps you could allow yourself to splurge on Sandro? If not, you settle for option number two?

Just a thought. After all, we are one of the top clubs that actually cares about being compliant with FFP.

Good points, all well made.  I agree with a lot of your view here and it makes a fair amount of sense from where I'm sat. 

15 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

Absolutely...a huge disappointment. And if his behaviour in China is indicative of his professional maturity, I'm not surprised he been no more than peripheral.

Seeing him embark on such public childishness whilst wearing the emblem of Chelsea infuriated me.

He doesn't strike me as a very mature or particularly bright young man.  Had a pretty decent opportunity to show what he could do at Watford last season and was sent back pretty sharpish.  Maybe that was a big warning sign (in hindsight) ? 

To be honest, I've long had my suspicions he's a bit of a wally.  The Mickey Pearce moustache, awful dress sense and stupid social media posts were all a bit of a giveaway. 

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Again, you say that Solanke would have been good for it, but the boy wanted to play football and wasn't getting any assurances from the club that would be the case.

A third striker has to be one that is willing to sit on the bench most weeks and be ok with that.

Well that's it really. I'd sooner have someone like Oxlade-Chamberlain who can cover for Hazard (and other positions!) who can in turn cover for a forward if we lose Morata and Bats than spent £30 Million on Llorente who really wouldn't see much playing time. Otherwise someone like Crouch or even David Villa could be worth a look at... or just keep Remy.

Edited by synavm

Barcelona accepted £198million for Neymar from PSG - football has lost the plot!

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Barcelona accepted £198million for Neymar from PSG - football has lost the plot!

Might lump a few quid on them winning the CL this year.

Edited by Dingus