Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,351 posts in this topic

Follow up question:

Are football squads today more expensive than they were 10 years ago?

Dave you can phone a friend if you want!

Marca are reporting that Madrid are offering Bale to PL clubs, and that Chelsea and United are the two interested. No bids yet.

I know people here would find a problem with Messi or Neymar joining us, (and probably Hazard if he played for another club), but Bale, even with his injuries, is a top class player.

Hazard, Bale & Morata would be an amazing front three. No doubt about it.

That said is probably bs, and United would be favourites for him anyway. Plus, I'd be surprised if we bid £90 millon for anyone. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I

2. He fell out with the club in the 2015-16 season (probably both salary claims but also how that season was handled by the club)

Maybe he's still angry about being taken off after being subbed on...

Posted (edited)

Oh, and for those defending Costa and saying he wanted to stay and we should do all we could to keep him:

His agent/lawyer is now threatening legal action against us and saying his player will only go to Athletico and hand in a transfer request specifically stating he only wants Athletico.

So basically he is publicly and now legally trying to blackmail our club into selling to Athletico only and refuses to move anywhere else. 

I'm never going to hear any defence of Costa again.

He asked to leave three times last season, held our club to ransom, deliberately leaked text messages to try to pin the blame for his exit on the club and manager, and now through his agent is threatening legal action forcing us to sell him to one specific club.

He can go rot as far as I'm concerned.

All he did for Chelsea is fast becoming null and voided for me by his attitude and behaviour.

Edited by James Prescott

29 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

But they are not, they are more expensive in nominal terms. But looking at nominal amounts is meaningless. It says absolutely nothing at all. 

That's is what you don't understand. 

And when you take this uninformed view, and start comparing prices over time - it becomes downright misleading. Ronaldo at £89m isn't £89m today. You can't compare the £89m paid for him with the £89m paid for Pogba. They are miles apart. 

If you want to compare squad prices over time, you need to do it from the same base. Otherwise it says nothing. 

But as I said, as you don't understand this there's no point to go on. I won't waste time educating you, that responsibility lies elsewhere. 

Jesus H.  The ridiculous lengths you will go to in order to try to defend Mourinho.

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Jesus H.  The ridiculous lengths you will go to in order to try to defend Mourinho.

Well put.

14 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

All he did for Chelsea is fast becoming null and voided for me by his attitude and behaviour.

Sometimes I just feel he is a child who throws his toys out of the pram whenever things don't go his way. I am not angry just sad.. Felipe too wanted to go back.. did so with much better class..

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, jangz said:

Sometimes I just feel he is a child who throws his toys out of the pram whenever things don't go his way. I am not angry just sad.. Felipe too wanted to go back.. did so with much better class..

A hell of a player...in every sense.

Perhaps that should be the title of his memoirs...

Edited by The Fab 4
1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Oh, and for those defending Costa and saying he wanted to stay and we should do all we could to keep him:

His agent/lawyer is now threatening legal action against us and saying his player will only go to Athletico and hand in a transfer request specifically stating he only wants Athletico.

So basically he is publicly and now legally trying to blackmail our club into selling to Athletico only and refuses to move anywhere else. 

I'm never going to hear any defence of Costa again.

He asked to leave three times last season, held our club to ransom, deliberately leaked text messages to try to pin the blame for his exit on the club and manager, and now through his agent is threatening legal action forcing us to sell him to one specific club.

He can threaten all he wants, he and/or his client have no ground to stand on.

So Neymar is paying his buy out fee of £200 million and will be earning £500,000 a week having been sold for £196 million.

Meanwhile Mo Farah wants half a million pounds to run in the London Marathon whilst lesser mortals are busting a gut to raise much needed money for charity.

And in other news children are still dying because they don't have clean water to drink or food to eat.

I find it all sickening.