• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   
5 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I do not know. I reckon Dave will be a much better RWB than some are making out as I think some are just obsessed with having WB's that bomb forward. Additionally, which RWB is out there that is obtainable or of a decent enough standard? In my opinion, moving Dave to RWB and getting VVD in is a decent enough move as it covers us at RWB and it improves our LCB which has got to do a bonus.

I just don't see how any of this becomes a game changer though. If nothing changes now in terms of players in, what will cost us more for the coming season . A leaky defence ? Or we don't score/create enough ? New striker, losing a world class striker and our best player coming back off fractured ankle.

It surely has to be the latter, which makes spending £50 million on another centre half an odd luxury decision that we can't afford, if it's at the expense of addressing areas that requires players.

Edited by Zoowraa

Juni   
8 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I do not know. I reckon Dave will be a much better RWB than some are making out as I think some are just obsessed with having WB's that bomb forward. Additionally, which RWB is out there that is obtainable or of a decent enough standard? In my opinion, moving Dave to RWB and getting VVD in is a decent enough move as it covers us at RWB and it improves our LCB which has got to do a bonus.

When you play this formation, the WBs are the most crucial players, as they have to influence play at both ends of the field. Not doing so isolates the front three and leaves the team far less potent accordingly. Azpilicueta is not going to be that guy and the fact Conte simply hasn't entertained the idea at all, even using Pedro as an emergency full-back instead, should tell everyone something.

jones   
1 minute ago, Juni said:

When you play this formation, the WBs are the most crucial players, as they have to influence play at both ends of the field. Not doing so isolates the front three and leaves the team far less potent accordingly. Azpilicueta is not going to be that guy and the fact Conte simply hasn't entertained the idea at all, even using Pedro as an emergency full-back instead, should tell everyone something.

That's why I would not rule out van Dijk being a step in direction of 4-2-4. Getting high quality wing backs in is very difficult in this market.

Zoowraa   

For RWB I would get on the phone  and see how settled our old mate Ramires is in China.

Not a fan of him as a midfielder, but presuming he is still the athlete he was, he would make a very useful addition at RWB .

Leo91   

Well Traore from Boro is the standout athletic type for that RWB position. Amazed no one has gone for him despite his weaknesses he's a real handful. 

Rob B   

Or, the users of CFCnet decided that 5 players for 3 positions is enough, when the club actually wanted 6 all along? 

I mean after all, Arsenal have the following:

Mertesacker, Holding, Mustafi, Koschielny, Gabriel, Chambers and Monreal (7) with the following wing-backs;  Ox, Bellerin, Debuchy, Kolasinic and Gibbs (5)

And Man United have:

Baily, Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Rojo, Blind (6) with Valencia, Darmian, Shaw, Fosu-Mensah (4) 

Whereas we currently have (5) and (2) 

3 hours ago, blue moon said:

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum, but I've been getting this when I click "Unread content":

"Something went wrong. Please try again. Error code: EX144"

since Friday. Reported it then, but nothing has changed. Is there something wrong at the CFCnet end, or is it me? I can't seem to get into many other pages ... and yes, I've tried turning it off and on again, and using a different browser ...

I think we're all getting that. I too reported it (and I dare say others have too)
Maybe, once several had brought it to admin's notice, someone could have posted to say "yes we know, we're looking into it" rather than stay silent.

When I think of a wing back I want someone to be positive and add something to the attack but be tenacious and terrier like when tackling back.

Really like what this guy provides a direct threat and combines it with a bravery that belies his size.

Something different to what we have, good further up the pitch and as he was on loan last season, possibly available?

Edited by The Fab 4

15 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Well Traore from Boro is the standout athletic type for that RWB position. Amazed no one has gone for him despite his weaknesses he's a real handful. 

Yep mentioned him in another post alongside Ben Gibson. Very direct, great athlete and likely looking to return to top flight football, like Gibson.

Edited by The Fab 4