• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BlueFizz   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

N'Zonzi anyone?

Oh go on then, and some of those courgetti fritatas. I'll open a bottle of 'seccy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Grass is always greener - except, I don't think so. Hazard, Pedro, willian - awesome trio!

Very true.  I was wrong on Cech (Courtois is better).  Lukaku would only add something because Costa is gone, not if Costa was wanted and wanted to stay.  KdB doesn't improve on any of those 3.  Or come close to Fabregas.  Then add Kante and the 3 CBs.

We have some fantastic players.  

The young players I feel got away (and that was brought through the academy in some form) is Solanke, Ake, Bertrand and Chalobah. 

I reckon all four could have played some part for squad depth. We could have saved £30m+ on Rudiger and maybe gone for a top class CB instead. Chalobah would have been a perfect CM4. Bertrand great rotation and perhaps first choice option. Ake 6th choice CB, cover at LWB and CM. Solanke 3rd choice striker. 

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

CB: New CB, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Christensen, Ake

RWB: New RWB, Moses, (Azpilicueta), (Pedro)

LWB: Alonso, Bertrand, (Ake), (Pedro)

CM: Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Chalobah, (Ake), Baker

AM: Hazard, Pedro, New AM, Willian, Musonda Jr., (Fabregas), (Moses), (Baker)

S: Morata, Batshuayi, Solanke, (Hazard)

Plenty of cover all over the pitch, quite a young side with some more experienced heads. Of course the unfurled positions would be top class players or young established players with unearthed potential. 20 senior outfielders, three keepers and Baker, Musonda Jr. and Solanke as young squad options. 

That squad only really lacks a world class striker. 

A player who gets the number of goals and assists that KDB does for the fee of 7mil we paid him is a 'luxury' every team could do with having in their squad. In fact we could do with a couple now.

JaneB   
3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Danny Rose would be a great signing for so many reasons.

Just can't see them selling to us, ever.

Danny Rose would be an exciting signing!

Totally naïve I know, but fed up with clubs like Everton, Spurs and of course Arsenal deciding they are not going to do business with us.  If we value a player more than they do then let him come to us and stop taking the moral high ground.

4 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

A player who gets the number of goals and assists that KDB does for the fee of 7mil we paid him is a 'luxury' every team could do with having in their squad. In fact we could do with a couple now.

True, he'd been a great squad option but he wanted/demanded more too soon. 

I wonder what Conte could have done with him? 

Rob B   
17 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The young players I feel got away (and that was brought through the academy in some form) is Solanke, Ake, Bertrand and Chalobah. 

I reckon all four could have played some part for squad depth. We could have saved £30m+ on Rudiger and maybe gone for a top class CB instead. Chalobah would have been a perfect CM4. Bertrand great rotation and perhaps first choice option. Ake 6th choice CB, cover at LWB and CM. Solanke 3rd choice striker. 

Plenty of cover all over the pitch, quite a young side with some more experienced heads. Of course the unfurled positions would be top class players or young established players with unearthed potential. 20 senior outfielders, three keepers and Baker, Musonda Jr. and Solanke as young squad options. 

Spot on, agree with every word.

Zoowraa   
51 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

N'Zonzi anyone?

Yep I would take him. Liked him at Stoke and flagged him then as a player who could do a job. I'm also a big fan of Bentaleb, things were hard for us to consider him when he was at Spurs, might be easier to get now though. He had a really good season for Schalke and a real underrated player.

Zoowraa   
44 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I'd throw Traore into the mix. He did well when he was in the squad, I find it odd but not surprising we have let him go so easily and think he will do very well at Lyon and go from strength to strength.

Edited by Zoowraa