Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,351 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The interview is with Danny Rose.

I just read it, but the because the forum won't let me for some reason, I can't share the link.

Rose is saying he wants to win trophies, pretty much alluding to the fact that if he has to move to win medals he will - that money isn't his motivation, winning is. And he says if he gets an offer, he'll go to Levy and speak to him seriously about it, and would have 'no qualms' about leaving.

He also says he's not motivated by money but knows he's worth more than he's getting at Spurs (considering he's a first choice international, his alleged wages are relatively low). 

He also says, funnily, that Spurs need to 'stop buying players you have to Google' and make some big signings.

I can't post the link as the forum isn't letting me for some reason. 

This interview goes out just after he's linked to us, by the paper who broke our link to him....not a coincidence.  (BTW, they also say Bertrand is second choice, after Rose). 

I think we may well want him. And if we bid, he'd want to come. 

Whether Levy sells him or not, is another matter, especially to us. But stranger things have happened. Who would have seen Cole coming here?

Edited by James Prescott

10 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

So you think its a personal issue he has with Chelsea then? 

No, I believe that he has an issue with any 'close competitor' as he sees it. Not just Chelsea, although we are his direct competitor in London. And we have history.

10 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

IF we match their valuation of the player, and thats a huge IF, the player will move. 

We'll see.

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Mods, the whole thing is not working properly, just so you know.

Contact Peter Sampson directly and tell him. No point in mentioning it here.

Just now, Michael Tucker said:

Contact Peter Sampson directly and tell him. No point in mentioning it here.

Done already. I got no response.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Kennedy apparently off to Newcastle on loan for the season.

Lewis Baker apparently off to Middlesbrough on a two year loan. Odd I thought he would have Prem suiters. Two years at Vitesse seems like a waste as a stepping stone to the championship.

If no Prem clubs want Baker, it says something about how highly - or not - he's rated. 

Heard that we won't let anyone go without a replacement being in place - Baker won't go until we sign a midfielder, and likely Kenedy won't go until we sign a wing back.

If they are close to leaving, then maybe we're close on a wing back and CM. Drinkwater and Ox maybe? 

Edited by James Prescott

(Rose) He fears Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United have too much strength in depth.

So he hasn't done his homework on Chelsea then.  Of to Man U I guess, pity.

BTW unread content is now working properly for me - hurray.
(I'll write and tell Pete)

6 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Done already. I got no response.

Be patient then. He'll get back to you - he always does. And he's the only one who can fix whatever problems you're experiencing.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:
  • BTW unread content is now working properly for me - hurray. (I'll write and tell Pete)

Glad to hear it. Pete's fixed a number of things over the past 24 hours. And I'm sure that he'll be delighted to hear from you (seriously).

Heavily linked in some of the papers with RB Cancelo from Benfica. Know little about him but wouldn't be surprised if this one goes through. Good age and apparently good athlete. Hopefully a move such as this allays fears of lack of defensive cover on the wings and is a sign of business to come.

Posted (edited)

OK, here's the deal on 'not giving chances to young players'.

We offered a five year deal to Chalobah - he chose to leave. And has a buy back clause, and even suggested he'd like to come back,

We wanted to keep Ake - he wanted to leave. We have a buy back clause, and according to most reports, he left with the mutual understanding that if he develops, we'll buy him back, at almost no loss to us. 

Solanke wanted 50k a week having not proven himself at top level - and more than some full internationals earn - and we rightly wouldn't pay it. Had nothing to do with not getting playing time. We wanted him to stay too. 

Jose, not the club, chose to sell Bertrand because he wouldn't give him his chance and wanted Luis instead. Club wanted him to stay. Him going was Jose's fault, no one else's. If Jose had played him and not bought Luis, he might be here now. 

According to a lot of reports, Chelsea have deliberately not bought teenage/young strikers recently - like Gabigol and Gabriel Jesus - because they want to give Tammy Abraham his shot, and he was close to being in the first team squad this season, but we wanted him to get PL experience. I'm certain the plan is for him to come back. 

RLC is only on loan, and if he does well, I'm sure the plan is to bring him back too - it's in his court now. 

Christensen was on loan for two years, he's played international football - now he's getting his shot. I've heard we might be dropping interest in VVD, because Conte's so impressed with him. 

Musonda has come in this year, and looked seriously impressive every time he's played, including in the Community Shield. With the extra games we have this year, I'd be surprised if he didn't get a few starts and PL appearances - and who knows what could happen then. 

And thing is, if players aren't good enough for us, we sell them and make a profit to invest in players who are good enough. Bamford wasn't good enough for example, and we made a big profit. 

So I don't think any criticism of our academy is fair. And I for one think it will produce a few first team players, and we're close. Christensen and Abraham will make it here, I'm convinced. RLC may well do as well once he has some consistent first team experience. Ake and even Chalobah may well come back, relatively cheap because of buy back clauses. 

I'm optimistic about our academy, for sure.

Edited by James Prescott
1 person likes this