Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,293 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Ox would be a smart signing. Versatile and can add quality and creativity options to the squad at the same time. Solves two areas we need badly for options and alternatives. RWB and the wide forward positions will be covered. At the rate we are getting deals done, this might be a smart move to solve a few issues at once, if it pulls through.

Ox will demand 1st team football something Conte cannot promise. Would not be worried if we missed out on him.

2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Ox will demand 1st team football something Conte cannot promise. Would not be worried if we missed out on him.

Sometimes I feel like Conte should just lie about it eh. I doubt Pep is giving all their signings first team football but I bet they all think they are first choice.

Posted (edited)

We must do everything possible to sign Danny Rose. The fact that he's home grown makes him a better option than Sandro in my opinion. Been one of the best left backs in the league for a few years now. 

We need to move fast and aggressively, no messing about. Find out what they want and pay it. United will 100% want him and have Shaw to offer in exchange

Edited by Martin1905

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Is that not over-rated?.Zaffo you may know Conte's favourite after shave - but please don't patronise me.

Yes ofcourse it is. He was a great big fish in Italys little pond, he could strut his stuff and shave his hair but in England players have to perform week in week out and thats why many so called big names dont go there, its just easier to play against nobodies most weeks and look great.

55 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Yes ofcourse it is. He was a great big fish in Italys little pond, he could strut his stuff and shave his hair but in England players have to perform week in week out and thats why many so called big names dont go there, its just easier to play against nobodies most weeks and look great.

I tend to agree.

My view on Pogba has always been:

- high level of talent

- enhanced by his size (as with YaYa Toure)

- somegood performances for Juve in high profile games

- brand well promoted - by agent and whoever else

- enter Jose at Manure: very keen to make a 'statement' signing and probably very keen to pay a lot to do it

So as to value - it's complicated. For Utd, desperate to rebuild a brand in danger of being tarnished, part of Pogba's value is his on pitch talent, another part ishisshirt-shifting potential, but a third aspect is his being so expensive. 

The 'look we're still a big club, we still spend megamoney' message rings out loud and clear.

8 hours ago, James Prescott said:

If no Prem clubs want Baker, it says something about how highly - or not - he's rated. 

~Trouble with Baker is that the Premier league options are quite small. The top 6 or 7 are not going to loan him as unlikely to play. Then you have to discount the clubs that already have a CFC loanee (Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Palace, Stoke and now Newcastle it seems) and the clubs that are not in the market for a CM. Then discount the clubs that CFC don't want to loan him too because they don't play much football, and who is left? 

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry Kev, but I have to disagree. That title sits squarely with the wonderfully useless Juan Sebastian Veron.....:).

Veron was a top player and great talent. Just a classic example of a slow midfielder entirely unsuited to the rigours of PL football. 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

We must do everything possible to sign Danny Rose. The fact that he's home grown makes him a better option than Sandro in my opinion. Been one of the best left backs in the league for a few years now. 

We need to move fast and aggressively, no messing about. Find out what they want and pay it. United will 100% want him and have Shaw to offer in exchange

Also said he wants to play up North........wouldn't get too excited. 

Don't worry about burning those Spurs bridges Danny, come to Chelsea for that payday you deserve.

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Veron was a top player and great talent.

Of course he was. Oh, and a bad back........:)

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Just a classic example of a slow midfielder entirely unsuited to the rigours of PL football. 

Quite. Did I mention the bad back?

10 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Don't worry about burning those Spurs bridges Danny, come to Chelsea for that payday you deserve.

Apparently he wants us or United

If he came to us, he would be "doing a Gordon Durie" after those up North comments.