• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

18 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Certainly the 3 I've put in bold IMO.

I think Solanke may surprise a few people this season. 

18 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

With the way the transfer market is going I think that using lots of academy players will soon be the only way of having a full squad. Average players cost £30m+ and aren't prepared to be back-up for very long. 

It won't happen in the short term as no manager can find a way to employ players from the best academy in the country, the cream of which is always out on loan with the hope that they come back a first XI player, not just a first XXV player.

I think we'll eventually need 10 or so academy players making up the squad, but this will need a completely joined up club so players can come straight to the first team and already know their role. Promoting a coach from within the club to be the first team coach would help this.

You then spend the big money on the really elite players and those positions which the academy can't cover.

I wouldn't disagree with this, but why aren't we using that strategy now? We have had a handful of players that we could have done that with. Instead we've bought squad cover at high prices. 

Makes no sense. 

9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I'm not "running to his defence", I'm merely being rational. Having watched a substantial amount of Pogba during his rise at Juventus he's a very good player. There has been glimmers of this at United, however he's also being utilised in a completely different manner which hasn't allowed him to have the impact most people initially expected. This is fault of both Mourinho not really using him correctly and also the system he's now playing in. At Juventus, he excelled mainly on the left hand side of a midfield three, where he had more freedom and less defensively responsibility. He also wasn't the focal point, which was shared between Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio at any given time. 

As for Chalobah, he's a promising player that hasn't really done anything at senior level. His highest return of league appearances in his career for a season is 15 at Reading back in 14/15 in the Championship. The one top flight loan he had at Napoli ended up seeing him play 29 minutes for the Serie A season across 5 sub appearances. At this point of his career, although there is talent there, he's not exactly achieved anything of note at senior top flight level - let alone be considered better than a player who was a key figure at an elite side that was hugely successful domestically and made solid pushes within the CL. 

As of now, Chalobah is a long way behind Pogba. That's simply the reality of the situation.

Er what? 

Chalobah has been an automatic starter for Watford in the Championship. He was selected in the Championship Team of the Year at 19... 

Which basically shows how important it is to send players out on loan and then give them a chance here after they have excelled. 

Every loan after the Watford one was a mistake and failure. The Napoli one downright bizarre. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

JaneB   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Shaw is an excellent shout, he's a Surrey boy (no problem with relocating) and has something to prove

And a Chelsea fan? Although Lukaku was meant to be too 🙄

From my limited knowledge I thought Rose was a better prospect than Shaw who's rather gone backwards?

Stim   
5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

From my limited knowledge I thought Rose was a better prospect than Shaw who's rather gone backwards?

After his horrible leg break he has been injured more often than not. He's made 32 appearances in 3 seasons for them which is shocking.

kratos   
15 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Need to get Tom Taiwo and Michael Woods on the blower to Danny to do an agent Pogba. Somebody at the club must still have their number saved in an old Nokia 3210 knocking around at home somewhere!

If I remember correctly, Rose was the whistle blower in that situation.

DannyLB   
7 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Looks like Aurier is off to Utd.

3 weeks to go people....

And two days to go until the season starts. The club has already failed Conte leaving him with a small squad and little cover as the season starts.

Dingus   
15 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

According to?

S.Aurier and MU have found an agreement around a 5-year contract. Rest to negotiate with Paris and have a work permit #PSG

JaneB   
36 minutes ago, Stim said:

After his horrible leg break he has been injured more often than not. He's made 32 appearances in 3 seasons for them which is shocking.

Of course. And will probably never be the same player sadly.

44 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I think Solanke may surprise a few people this season. 

If he does that I'll be shocked.
Rather they will sell Coutinho and buy 2 or 3 more ready alternatives.