• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   
18 minutes ago, chelsian2015 said:

The news focusing on Cancelo now, where would we utilise him ?  

Boot cleaner ?

41 minutes ago, chelsian2015 said:

The news focusing on Cancelo now, where would we utilise him ?  

Forgive me if I'm missing something but he's a right back so I'm guessing Conte will try and retrain him as a wing back.

Zoowraa   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

This.  It happens daily through nothing more than pure repetition of absolute bollox. End of.

Referring to the Prescott contradiction of just random words cobbled together, over and over again.

Edited by Zoowraa

2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Would you now? 

Well, for what it's worth I'd have thought it equally obvious that, while we've lost Costa, (who you think is more trouble than he's worth anyway), and Matic, (who at best divides opinion on here with respect to his value), we have also added players to last year's squad like Bakayoko and Rudiger and Morata, all of whom you've given significant praise to.

At the same time, Spurs have signed nobody at all. They have the same squad that we beat last year ad have added nothing to it, while we have.

And yes, I'd have thought that that was obvious.

Come on Pete, feels like you're splitting hairs. Yes we've replaced players but we've also lost an awful lot who haven't been replaced - Mikel, Terry, Oscar, Ivan etc.

Just because they weren't deemed usable doesn't mean the squad as is, is anywhere near deep enough. 

We've got 14 senior outfield players. That's the lowest number we've ever entered a season with. If this is our final squad we've got to drop two competitions to have any chance of making top four. 

59 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Forgive me if I'm missing something but he's a right back so I'm guessing Conte will try and retrain him as a wing back.

I thought he was a right-back too but in this video he appears to be playing mainly on the left side. Think he's right-footed as well (same as Azpi when he played as a left-back).

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/839163/Joao-Cancelo-Chelsea-Premier-League-Transfer-News-Gossip

Seems like a decent player though.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Do you think he might occupy Alonso's position? 

43 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I thought he was a right-back too but in this video he appears to be playing mainly on the left side. Think he's right-footed as well (same as Azpi when he played as a left-back).

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/839163/Joao-Cancelo-Chelsea-Premier-League-Transfer-News-Gossip

Looks like a winner indeed. 

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

I was under the impression he's a RB/RWB. 

Certainly seems that way from this... 

anyhow - seems like a very good player. Technical, pacey, drive. Much like Morata, Bakayoko, Rudiger (to some extent). It's pretty easy to see where Antonio wants to go with this. 

I like it. I hope these rumours are true. Seems like a promising player. Anyone know this lad better? Thoughts? 

Apparently battling spurs for him (had to be battling someone) so offer him £101k a week and he's ours 😉

Regarding the CM position surely we can pick someone up from a Spanish or German team that would offer us the same qualities as Drinkwater or Ox but for half the money and half the wages. Neither seems to be an outstanding player yet are rated at £35m+. I know there is inflation and English tax but our squad is so short we needn't be worrying about HG players yet.

Rob B   

YouTube's always pretty dangerous to judge a player, but must admit, was impressed by that clip!  Pace, skill, technique etc.