Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,351 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Breaking story - our "big spending" board offered £15 million for Danny Drinkwater earlier in the summer.

It's an insult to be honest. He's a £25-30 million player. The fact we offered only £15 million says everything about our penny pinching board and lack of ambition.

We've spent big money this summer - but somehow our squad is smaller, and despite having a net spend so far of only £19 million and income in the hundreds of millions, we want to scrape and save every penny, offering an insulting amount for a proven PL player.

Yes, maybe start bidding at £20-25 million to negoatiate, but £15 million for him in this market is plain insulting.

If we're offering that little as a serious offer for him, I fear for us this season. If you want big players, pay the freaking money. And we're not. 

If we don't up our game in the next two or three weeks, we'll end up struggling to finish fourth.

You seem greatly insulted, on Leicester's behalf.

Once again, I thank you for your ongoing subscription masterclass - 'HOW TO NEGOTIATE TRANSFER FEES FOR WORLD CLASS FOOTBALLERS' - a man with absolutely no personal experience tells all!

5 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

You seem greatly insulted, on Leicester's behalf.

Once again, I thank you for your ongoing subscription masterclass - 'HOW TO NEGOTIATE TRANSFER FEES FOR WORLD CLASS FOOTBALLERS' - a man with absolutely no personal experience tells all!

You don't offer £15 million for an England international who won the title only a year ago. No way that gets even considered for negotiation, yet alone accepted.

He's far better than that. 

Yes, start with a lower offer, but £15 million?

Posted (edited)

Perry Groves on TalkSPORT saying he knows people inside Chelsea - and that he is certain Conte will be gone by Christmas.

Apparently he has fallen out with Emenalo and Marina over transfers, and some players are upset with his dictatorial coaching methods.

Could be a total load of rubbish, just passing it on. 

Personally I think it's garbage.

Edited by James Prescott

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

You don't offer £15 million for an England international who won the title only a year ago. No way that gets even considered for negotiation, yet alone accepted.

One of the most impressive things about you is your absolute confidence.

What do you do for a living?

Whatever it is - I do it better than you!

(Said, by the way - with my tongue in my cheek!)

I just wonder about the truth buried in those opening words - "breaking news" - is it an official Leicester statement? Otherwise, probably not true.

Edited by BlueFizz

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Perry Groves on TalkSPORT saying he knows people inside Chelsea - and that he is certain Conte will be gone by Christmas.

Apparently he has fallen out with Emenalo and Marina over transfers, and some players are upset with his dictatorial coaching methods.

Could be a total load of rubbish, just passing it on. 

Ex-Arsenal player in attempt to destabilise London rivals via the media shocker. I strongly suspect there's some Chinese whispers going on, and Groves has chose to sensationalise what he's heard.

Don't believe a word he or anyone at TalkSport says, unless a reputable source- Guardian, Telegraph, BBC, Sky Sports reports it first.

Edited by synavm

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

James , if you start @ £30M , you'll end up paying £45M , start @ £15M and you might get him for £20M.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

James , if you start @ £30M , you'll end up paying £45M , start @ £15M and you might get him for £20M.

Apparently, offering that much less than a player is worth is an 'insult'.

It may be a football/mafioso thing that James understands and we don't.

Despite my cynicism,  I do think we'll sign 3 or 4 players before the end of the window and Conte will last the season.

Not so sure he will be here start of next season, but think he will make it through this season. 

8 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

One of the most impressive things about you is your absolute confidence.

What do you do for a living?

Whatever it is - I do it better than you!

(Said, by the way - with my tongue in my cheek!)

I just wonder about the truth buried in those opening words - "breaking news" - is it an official Leicester statement? Otherwise, probably not true.

It's Matt Law, who is pretty reliable when it comes to Chelsea news:

Stop with the petty insults, one liners and attacks.

Now.

If you don't want to talk football, go somewhere else.

I'm done with the **** I have to put up with here. Get a life.