Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,293 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Perry Groves on TalkSPORT saying he knows people inside Chelsea - and that he is certain Conte will be gone by Christmas.

Apparently he has fallen out with Emenalo and Marina over transfers, and some players are upset with his dictatorial coaching methods.

Could be a total load of rubbish, just passing it on. 

So, Perry Groves has a few drinks, scores some charlie off Kerry Dixon in a boozer near Reading and in the process of Kerry trying to flog Perry a copy of his autobiography, which he wrote whilst banged-up, he also tells Perry some juicy truths that he's extracted from his old mate Tommy Baldwin...

Meanwhile, Conte goes on record as saying he's frustrated but the club are working with him...

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

So, Perry Groves has a few drinks, scores some charlie off Kerry Dixon in a boozer near Reading and in the process of Kerry trying to flog Perry a copy of his autobiography, which he wrote whilst banged-up, he also tells Perry some juicy truths that he's extracted from his old mate Tommy Baldwin...

Meanwhile, Conte goes on record as saying he's frustrated but the club are working with him...

Precisely.

Read my post. I said I thought it was a load of rubbish.

Just because I pass it on or post a report here, doesn't mean I believe it or agree with it.

Edited by James Prescott

Personally I think 15m is an ideal opening gambit for Drinkwater. Sends smoke signals that if Leicester think they'll exploit their title win, or the fact he's English, it won't be that easy.

Yes our interest signifies we're interested. Yes, 15m does not reflect his true worth...

But no we won't get exploited just because the market is the way it is. As I stated previously, Watford picked up the highly rated Will Hughes and Nat Chalobah for less than 15m.

Usually I'm critical of business, but in this case I think we're bang on. Figure around the 25m mark is fair, give or take a few million.

Coutinho has formally asked to leave after FSG issued a morning press release saying he'd definitely be a scouse player after the summer window closes.

2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

We currently don't really have any youth players available. Don't see the likes of Tomori or Scott starting even the League Cup. Musonda and Christensen are pretty much our only options there. 

Almost.  Only Christensen.

2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

To elaborate on our squad and usability of young players in the lesser cup competitions, let's take a look at our second XI last season (keep in mind this was a squad that was generally considered light):

Begovic; Zouma, JT, Ake; Aina, Cesc, Nate, Kenedy; Willian, Michy, RLC

Our second XI, for now, is:

Cabellero; Rudiger, Christensen, Nil; Nil, Cesc, Nil, Nil; Willian, Michy, Musonda

This is very much the right way to look at things - and is why 16/17 was at least better than 15/16 and that 17/18 is desperate right now.
But frankly plenty of the options you have listed really count as nil too.

Begovic; Zouma, JT, Ake; Aina, Cesc, Nate, Kenedy; Willian, Michy, RLC
(though we started the season with first team regulars Oscar and Ivanovic and with Mikel in the squad, Ake and Kenedy arriving in January).

Now:  Cabellero; Rudiger, Christensen, Nil; Nil, Cesc, Nil, Nil; Willian, Michy, Musonda

And if you consider that actually a real team is 11+2 expected AM subs,+ a STR sub,  
we are really a 14 + Cabellero; Rudiger, Christensen

Desperate.

54 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

...(Said, by the way - with my tongue in my cheek!)...

Really?  It reads as if said with tongue sticking out and thumbs in your ears.

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Stop with the petty insults, one liners and attacks.

Now.

If you don't want to talk football, go somewhere else.

I'm done with the **** I have to put up with here. Get a life.

Overreacting again, James?

3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

I think it's pretty clear why no one has bid for Barkley yet.

Yes, so do I. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes, so do I. 

Yep, it's because we and Spurs want to get the value down closer to the window. Even Lamps is on record as saying he's one of the most talented young players he's played against, or trained with (for England) - and kinda encouraged him to come here. So it's clearly not due to lack of interest or talent.

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Yep, it's because we and Spurs want to get the value down closer to the window. Even Lamps is on record as saying he's one of the most talented young players he's played against, or trained with (for England) - and kinda encouraged him to come here. So it's clearly not due to lack of interest or talent.

The interest from clubs who can afford him is not really there. If Spurs or Chelsea really wanted him, and I mean REALLY wanted him, then it's obvious he is available and has been for the last 6 weeks if not longer.

We all know Everton will not get £50 million, they know that too, so everyone knows a deal can be done on him and it could be anything between £25 - £40 million.

Yet no club has actually bid for him ( as far as we know).

That tells you all you need to know. Yes, a club may end up taking a punt on him, but he is available now and has been a while.

I imagine the clubs who are tracking him the closest are the likes of West Ham, they are probably waiting to snap him up as a marque signing for around £35 million off the back of no top 6 club firming up any passing interest.

He simply don't have the options he thought he was going too and no big club view him as a Plan A -D signing.......he is plan G that they may turn to once all avenues have been exhausted.

You have mention Lamps comments on 3/4 occasion now, it really means very little other than Lamps thinks he has some talent. That's it.

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed... One of the first things pointed out was that he was being asked to renew/extend his contract with a view to being sent out on yet another loan. No wonder he decided to leave for good.

No wonder he left. So there we have it, it wasn't because he demanded to be a firsts choice (like KDB/Lukaku), it's because he couldn't muster another pointless seventh loan. 

Talk about us ****ing it up big time. Inexcusable! And we only got £5m for him!!! Madness!

3 hours ago, blue moon said:

Perhaps the wrong place to inform you all, but I'm in shock. Horrors: the Fox and Pheasant at Billing Road as been bought by James Blunt after Greene King decided to sell it for redevelopment as new housing. If anyone sings "You're beautiful", I'll not be responsible for my actions. Many's the happy evening I've spent there, pre- and post- match. Anyone know whether it will still be accessible to football fans, or whether it'll join the legions of tarted-up watering holes? Failing all else, it's back to the Finsborough - at least the beer's cheap. Some of it. And they sell quail's egg scotch eggs.

It's been known for a while that the previous owner would sell. I knew the couple quite well and they've been looking to sell for a few years. 

Only half-decent pub left in the area (also like the Atlas if it's still around). The area around the Bridge is dead these days. 

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Stop with the petty insults, one liners and attacks.

Now.

If you don't want to talk football, go somewhere else.

I'm done with the **** I have to put up with here. Get a life.

The only one who regularly insults and try to score ridiculous internet points in here is you James. 

Maybe elig you stopped insulting everyone life would be easier for you? Just a friendly tip. And no, I'm not attempting to bully you right now.