Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,351 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Yep, it's because we and Spurs want to get the value down closer to the window. Even Lamps is on record as saying he's one of the most talented young players he's played against, or trained with (for England) - and kinda encouraged him to come here. So it's clearly not due to lack of interest or talent.

Don't believe for a second Barkley is a player Conte wants us to add. His ability certainly doesn't make up for his lack of intelligence and dependability. Two characteristics Conte clearly values.

3 hours ago, synavm said:

Perfect, mate, thanks for the tip. Do people tend to sing up in there?

Big time.  Don't forget to register the name of anyone else coming with you too. 

Pedro out tomorrow. Goodness.

Our possible bench tomorrow could be Caballero, Christensen, Tomori, Scott, Musonda, Boga, Remy.

Oh my days. State of our board, honestly. No wonder Conte looks so frustrated. Unacceptable to be in this situation the day before our PL season starts, and a week before we play title rivals.

The board should know this and get deals done. No excuses.

I don't care if we buy Messi, Suarez and Veratti before Aug 31 - this situation is not acceptable for a club who claim they want to compete for the highest honours. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, jones said:

Don't believe for a second Barkley is a player Conte wants us to add. His ability certainly doesn't make up for his lack of intelligence and dependability. Two characteristics Conte clearly values.

Here we go. The "The majority of fans don't rate him so therefore he can't be a manager signing" argument. 

Read interviews with other players and managers about him - they all rate him very highly. Lamps said the other day he's one of the most talented young players he's played against. 

Conte will believe he can get the best out of his talent, like he did with Pogba, in my view.

Edited by James Prescott

5 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Here we go. The "The majority of fans don't rate him so therefore he can't be a manager signing" argument. 

Read interviews with other players and managers about him - they all rate him very highly. Lamps said the other day he's one of the most talented young players he's played against. 

Conte will believe he can get the best out of his talent, like he did with Pogba, in my view.

Can I ask what the correlation is between Lampard saying he is a good player, and Conte wanting to buy him?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Yep, it's because we and Spurs want to get the value down closer to the window. 

Nope. Have another try......

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Can I ask what the correlation is between Lampard saying he is a good player, and Conte wanting to buy him?

Switch brain on - read JP's post - sorted.

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Big time.  Don't forget to register the name of anyone else coming with you too. 

Do you need to register each time, or just the once? And what is "early"?

5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Nope. Have another try......

I don't care what argument you put up. You're wrong.

Just because you don't like him as a player doesn't mean that you're automatically correct. Given you thought Bamford, who has only scored one goal in 18 months at Middlesbrough, was a good enough striker for Chelsea, I'm not trusting your judgement on players over most pundits, ex-footballers I've heard speak about Barkley. And Pochettino and Conte clearly rate him if they're interested (which they are). 

Spurs always leave it late to go for players. We're clearly leaving it late. He's out of contract next summer, his value his going down.

He wouldn't want to leave if he didn't know other clubs wanted him.

Sadly for you, I'm right. 

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Switch brain on - read JP's post - sorted.

Because Lampard played against him and trained with him, is an ex-footballer, and a pretty smart one at that - and I gurantee he's a better judge of a footballer, especially one he's played against and trained with - than any so called 'experts' here who take delight in mocking my every post.

Edited by James Prescott