Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,074 posts in this topic

On 10/08/2017 at 10:17 PM, kratos said:

MARKET REPORT: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich gets another £100m richer as steel maker Evraz pays first dividend since 2014

You old sod Roman, you've been holding out on us. Now go and buy Rose, Ox and who ever.

Sigh I see another bloody expensive boat on the horizon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4782196/Ex-wives-ve-HUNDREDS-millions-divorce.html

Uh-oh...

Don't want anymore 'the transfer window is still open' crap after today's shambles. 

This, and what happened two years ago, is definitive proof: a team needs to have all or most of their transfers done, and most of their squad for the season together, for at least a week or two before the season starts.

Anything else creates disruption, distraction, and gives opponents more of a chance to get results against you at the start of the season, and can potentially sabotage your season before it's really begun.

Lesson HAS to be learned. I'm done with this bunch of amateurs holding out till the last minute to save every penny when our net spend is £19 million and we've brought in about £300 million on top of that in sponsorship and prize money. I'm done with them taking ages to do deals which they've had months to do (transfers begin planning in March/April, it's 3 months since last season ended, there've been literally months to get it done - no excuses). It's no way to run a football club. 

If you keep doing the same thing, don't expect things to be any different. We've done the same as we did 2 years ago, with the same result. 

And now, their delay means clubs will ask us for more because they know we are desperate. Geniuses.

1 minute ago, The Fab 4 said:

Totally irrelevant because:

1) He's a billionaire. 

2) Chelsea's transfers are funded by the clubs money, and aren't funded by Roman anymore. So makes no difference. We're still a stingy bunch of numpties anyway.

1 person likes this

The Neymar transfer has now probably completely skewed the market even further so waiting til the last minute to drive the price down seems a bad idea in all respects

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The Neymar transfer has now probably completely skewed the market even further so waiting til the last minute to drive the price down seems a bad idea in all respects

Yeah, now we get to compete with a loaded Barca for Drinkwater. 😉 

6 hours ago, Sir said:

Still can't believe we didn't sign Hernandez.. (or seemingly at least try for him) 

So I'm correct in thinking we only have four strikers? Bats, who Conte doesn't like (I'm still fairly sure of this) Costa, (no idea) Remy, who we probably want to ship out, and Morata... (still don't know how he will pan out currently given he's not been here five minutes) - given this, I'm still sure we need another striker or two if Remy and Costa go.

Probably because in the grand scheme of things he isn't the most idea lone forward candidate. Struggles with exactly the same aspects for his game that Michy does - hold up play, playing with back to goal, expected to out muscle multiple defenders, and win every ball that's lumped forward to him in the air. 

Ironically, everything that a striker like Llorente excels in. 

25 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Probably because in the grand scheme of things he isn't the most idea lone forward candidate. Struggles with exactly the same aspects for his game that Michy does - hold up play, playing with back to goal, expected to out muscle multiple defenders, and win every ball that's lumped forward to him in the air. 

Ironically, everything that a striker like Llorente excels in. 

This

Hernadez does better as a sub when the game is stretched and legs are tired.

I think Michy is better suited for that too.

Michy was poor today. His movement was off and he never looked like scoring. Morata was a complete contrast. Indeed, Tammy looked better  for Swansea today than Michy (think he'll do very well there). Llorente could still be a possibility as a short-term signing I think.

Having watched Loftus-Cheek and Tammy today, I think with a year of playing regular PL football they'll be ready for our first team, much like Christensen is now - so could save us a bit of money next summer. 

Right now though, we need players. I'd go all out for Rose, Drinkwater and Ox - cover in all three positions we're weak (indeed Ox covers all three positions, CM, RWB and LWB). If we can't get Rose, then get Bertrand. Then maybe go for Llorente as forward cover.

If we got those four now, it would leave us in a much stronger position. Barkley and/or VVD would be a nice bonus, but not priorities.

Edited by James Prescott

Agree Michy looked awful. Half of squad didn't look remotely match fit in first half. Need 3-5 signings, anything else will result in a 6th place finish.

On 11/08/2017 at 9:55 PM, kratos said:

Well we will find out what we will do if we are 3-2 down.

On 11/08/2017 at 9:58 PM, McCreadie said:

Not feeling like we have it in us to battle a win under those conditions yet.

Hopefully, we wont get ourselves into that position to start with...

Oh the foresight...